|President||:||Dr. Aninda Sinha|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Sri. Bhupendra Kr. Verma|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Kalyani|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||Bar Council of India (BCI), Government of India,
The B.A., LL.B. (Honours) degree programme is spread over ten semesters and each semester will be of 6 month duration and at the end of semester their will be an examination. University exam will consist of 80 marks and the remaining 20 will be awarded by the college through internal assessment. A student during the five-year stay at the Institute shall have to study:
|Semester-wise Course Design|
|Course Design of B.A.LL.B (H) According to New BCI Rule 2008|
|First Semester||1.1 English â€“ I|
|1.2 Political Science-I|
|1.5 Law of Torts|
|1.6 Law of Contract-I|
|Second Semester||2.1 English â€“ II|
|2.2 Political Science-II|
|2.5 Law of Contract-II|
|2.6 Family Law-I|
|Third Semester||3.1 English â€“ III|
|3.2 Political Science-III|
|3.5 Family Law-II|
|3.6 Honors Paper-I (Land Laws, including Tenure & Tenancy System)|
|Forth Semester||4.1 Political Science-IV|
|4.2 Environmental Law|
|4.3 Law of Crimes Paper-I â€“ Penal Code-I|
|4.4 Law of Crimes Paper-II â€“ C. R.P.C.|
|4.5 Labour and Industrial Law-I|
|4.6 Honors Paper-II (Offences against Child & Juvenile Offence)|
|Fifth Semester||5.1 Political Science-V|
|5.2 Constitutional Law-I|
|5.3 Labour and Industrial Law-II|
|5.4 Jurisprudence (Legal Method, Indian Legal System and Basic Theory of Law).|
|5.5 Honors Paper-III (Health Law)|
|5.6 Optional Paper-I (Local Self Government including Panchayat Administration)|
|Sixth Semester||6.1 Political Science-VI|
|6.2 Constitutional Law-II|
|6.3 Company Law|
|6.4 Honors Paper-IV (Human Rights Law & Practice)|
|6.5 Optional Paper-II(Gender Justice & Feminist jurisprudence)|
|Seventh Semester||7.1 Civil Procedure Code -I|
|7.2 Property Law|
|7.3 Honors Paper-V|
|7.4 Optional Paper-III|
|7.5 Clinical Paper-I|
|Eighth Semester||8.1 Civil Procedure Code -II|
|8.2 Public International Law|
|8.3 Honors Paper-VI|
|8.4 Optional Paper-IV|
|8.5 Clinical Paper-II|
|Ninth Semester||9.1 Law of Evidence|
|9.2 Principles of Taxation|
|9.3 Honors Paper-VII|
|9.4 Optional Paper-V|
|9.5 Clinical Paper-III|
|Tenth Semester||10.1 Administrative Law|
|10.2 Honors Paper-VIII|
|10.3 Optional Paper-VI|
|10.4 Clinical Paper-IV|
|Honors Paper-I||Land Laws including Tenure & Tenancy System|
|Honors Paper-II||Offences against Child & Juvenile Offence|
|Honors Paper-III||Health Law|
|Honors Paper-IV||Human Right Law and Practice|
|Honors Paper-V||Corporate Governance|
|Honors Paper-VI||Information Technology Law|
|Honors Paper-VII||IPR Management|
|Honors Paper-VIII||International Trade Economics|
|Optional Law Paper-I||Local Self Government including Panchayat Administration|
|Optional Law Paper-II||Gender Justice and Feminist Jurisprudence|
|Optional Law Paper-III||Interpretation of Statutes and Principles of Legislation|
|Optional Law Paper-IV||Banking Law|
|Optional Law Paper-V||Private International Law|
|Optional Law Paper-VI||Penology and Victomology|
|Drafting, Pleading and Conveyance|
|Professional Ethics and Professional System|
|Alternate Dispute Resolution|
|Moot Court Exercise and Internship|
B.A.LL.B. (HONS.) DEGREE PROGRAMME
A candidate for admission to the B.A.LL.B. (Honours) must have -
- Passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or an equivalent examination securing in aggregate not less than 45% (General Category) or 40% (SC/ST Category) of the total marks..
- Completed 20 years of age as on 1st day of July. In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category a relaxation of 2 years in age shall be admissible.
Number of Seats and Reservation
The intake of seats available for B.A.LL.B. (Honours) degree programme shall ordinarily be 80 (Eighty). Out of these total available seats, 15% and 10% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to SC and ST categories respectively, subject to their fulfilling BCI eligibility criteria.
Attested Photostat copies of the following documents should be enclosed with the Application Form:-
- Mark sheet of the Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination. Candidates who have appeared at the above examination and who are awaiting their results by June/July can submit their Application Form.
- Proof of Age â€“ Birth Certificate or Admit Card/School Certificate mentioning the date of Birth.
- SC/ST Certificate â€“ In case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
- Recent Passport size colour photographs â€“ One pasted on the Application Form and two extra copies along with the Application Form.
Norms for Admission & related information:-
- Collection and submission of duly filled in admission form is to be made in due time.
- Admission is direct for all the general category students securing 45% marks & for the student belonging the scheduled cast & scheduled tribe category securing 40% marks in the Higher Secondary or equivalent examination in aggregate.
- Admission starts after the publication of result by the West Bengal Board of Higher Secondary Education or Equivalent Examination, usually in the month of June, the admission forms along with prospectus & fees book of the college can be obtained from the office of the college against a cash payment of Rs. 200/- only.
- The last date for issue and submission of admission forms shall be notified separately on the college notice board.
- The full fees & dues once paid by the students shall not be refundable under any circumstances.
- Merit list of selected candidates admitted to 1st year will be notified in college notice board.
- Migrating students from other boards are provisionally admitted subject to production of required documents as notified in notice board of the college.
- Admission to 1st semester of the 5 year B.A.LL.B. (Hons) course commences after publication of result of the Higher Secondary Examination, West Bengal and closes on such date as specification by the Kalyani University each year.
- Year to year class admission is compulsory of stipulated dates.
- The annual course fees may be revised after admission during 5 year course tenure.
- In case of loss or damage of Fees Card/Identity Card/Library Card duplicate card may be issued on payment of a fine of Rs. 50/-, subject to verification.
- Authority of the college may impose fine or adopt other measures to maintain strict academic discipline of the college
- Attendance in class lectures and in field visit or in moot court or education tour or co-curricular programme is compulsory
- Minimum 75% attendance in class lecturers is required to enable students to appear at University Examination as collegiate candidate.
- The students are required to maintain proper uniform code while in the premises of the college.
- The principal will adopt stringent measures in case of detection of in discipline, immoral unethical and improper behavior or activities on the part of any student.
- Students are encouraged to participate in various legal workshops and seminars conducted by the college.
- Students are entitled to avail Rail (E. Rly and S.E.Rly), Bus concession, for daily journey to attend classes.
- For obtaining College Certificates, Rly. Concession, College Leaving Certificates, etc. Identity Card and Fees Card (with up to date payment) are required to be produced.
Information not found.
Information not found.
BCCL has a cherished as it came into being with relentless and untiring Endeavourâ€™s of Late Atish Chandra Sinha, the doyen of Kandi Raj Family, on 5th October, 2002. The college is affiliated to Kalyani University and approved by the Bar Council of India. Shri Atish Chandra Sinha accomplished this Herculean task of establishing a law college with the sheer desire to impart legal education and create social engineers as he himself couldnâ€™t continue his legal education, being admitted, due to some reasons. Hence he wanted to materialize it by establishing a Law College which would in turn create lots of legal minds. This was need of the hour too, as there was no any law college in theDistrict of Murshidabad.
Then the college was named after and in loving memory of his father, Late Bimal Chandra Sinha. Presently the college is run under the kind patronage of his son, Prof. /Dr. Aninda Sinha, who is a Professor at Indian Institute of Sciences, Bangalore. During initial stages the college was made operational in Raja Birendra Chandra College, but later on in the year 2006, it was shifted to the present location. Earlier the course offered was LL.B. 5 years, but later on from 2006 it successfully introduced the B.A.LL.B.(H) â€“ 5 years integrated course as the guidelines & direction from the Bar Council of India. The college has nurtured many a great legal minds and carved a niche for itself in the legal area and will continue the same.