|President||:||Dr. Pradip Kumar Saha|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Samir Chandra Ghosh Roy|
|Affiliation(s)||:||West Bengal University of Health Sciences|
|Category||:||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||--|
Academic Programs :
- Community Medicine
- Forensic & State Medicine
- Micro Biology
Admission Procedure :
Calcutta National Medical College offers 5.5 years bachelor's degree courses in MBBS. Admission to this course is made through a merit list prepared on the basis of the score of the candidates in the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (JEE). In this course the reservation available to different reserved categories like SC, ST and OBC is as per the Government of INDIA norms.
Domicile Requirements :
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board:
- Candidates shall be citizens of India and have been residing in the State of West Bengal uninterruptedly/continuously of not less than 10 years (in case of Nursing, not less than 5 years) immediately prior to the date of making application for admission.
- Candidates whose parents are permanent residents of W.B., having their permanent home address in the State of W.B. are also eligible for admission.
- In case of Nursing (H), candidates from any State of India may be considered of admission to non-Government Institutions.
Admission calendar :
- New session starts in the month of June-July. First year students are advised to visit the campus a few days before the start of the session to get accustomed to the place.
Eligibility criteria :
- The candidates appearing for the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) should be XIIth pass and should have secured 50% in Biology , Physics & Chemistry taken together.
Information not found
- » Accommodation:
There are total seven hostels for the purpose of providing proper accommodation to the students. There is one girlsâ€™ hostel and six boysâ€™ hostels. The girlsâ€™ hostel is popularly known as the Ladysâ€™ hostel and provides all sorts of facilities which are required to give proper ambiance to study for girls.
On other hand among the six hostels for male students three of them (Main Hostel, Lynton Hostel and Deshbandhu Hostel) are administered by government and other three (Dr. Sundarimohan Hostel, Khudiram Hostel, Dikhusha Hostel) are administered by private organizations. Except the girlsâ€™ hostel, all the six boysâ€™ hostels are situated outside the college compound. Though these hostels are out of the college campus but they are within a close proximity to its premises.
- » National Medical College Library:
The National Medical College Library is one of the best medical college libraries in Kolkata. Apart from providing only reading facilities, this library also has adequate home issuing of book facilities for the students. The National Medical College library contains a total collection of almost 17000 books and 42 journals.
- » Computer Center:
Run by the Alumni Association of this medical college, the computer center of National Medical College helps the students to be more computer savvy. This computer center also provides Internet surfing facility only to those students who have a membership.
One of the seven medical colleges in Kolkata, Calcutta National Medical College has its origin in the National Medical Institute or "Jatiya Ayurbigyan Vidyalaya" in 1921, founded as a product of the Non-cooperation movement. It was inaugurated by Subhas Chandra Bose. It was affiliated with the University of Calcutta till 2003. It is currently affiliated with the West Bengal University of Health Sciences.
Academic Section of Calcutta National Medical College.
Admission to this institute is on a merit basis and by national-level competitive examinations.
Calcutta National Medical College is locally known as Chittaranjan hospital. It was established in 1948. In 1967 the institute was nationalized. The college is accredited by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Every year 150 students are admitted to the MBBS course based on their West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) rankings and their All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) scores. At present there are 18 vacancies for postgraduate degree courses and 30 for diploma courses.