|President||:||Janab Gulsan Mullick|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Debes Kumar Acharyya|
|Former Name||:||Gangadharpur Mahavidyamandir|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Department(s)||:||Arts & Commerce|
- For admission to B.A./B.Com. Honours and General Courses, the college is going to follow C.U. norms as the minimum criteria.
- A candidate taking up Honours must have obtained :
A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate with 45% marks in the subject or related subjects at the previous qualifying examination in which that subject is included.
OR55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination OR50% marks in aggregate when the candidate takes up Honours in the subject not included in his/her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
- Counseling : A candidate must appear before the counseling board of the college with his/her parent/gurdian for admission in any course. He/She must produce the original mark sheet of previous qualifying examination and the application form duly filled in.
- Reservation : 22% and 6% of the seats are kept reserved for the scheduled caste and the scheduled tribe respectively in each Honours subjects/ streams/courses.
- Value Education : This college instillsvalue education among students by organizing workshops and cultivate these values throughoutthe year. These values, thus inculcated, enrich the students, mental and physical apptitude and help them for their progress in life.
- Canteen : The college maintains a cheap canteen where fresh and hygenic foods are sold to the students and staff.
- Financial Aids :
- Centrally Sponsored Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for OBC Students.
- Same Scheme for SC/ST Students.
- Same Scheme for Handicapped Students. (Students fall under the above said categories may get the benefit of free education by producing relevantcertificates to the college office).
- 10% of Students may enjoy the opportunityof free education. Students are selected by the committee concerned on basis of his/her economic condition.
- Students' Union : The students' union of this college plays a vital role in the day-to-day life of the college. General Secretary is the ex-officio member of college Governing Body. The student's union helps to maintain the academic atmosphere of the college, helps in maintaining discipline and above all develops academic interest for the betterment of the college.
- Other Facilities :
- The college a computer room with three hi-tech computers Maintains.
- There is a copier machine in the college office.
- Students keep their cycles and motor bikes in the vehicles stand in the college campus, maintained by the college.
The Mahavidyamandir was set up in 1981 as a Girls' College with a single humanities stream and it is gradually proceeding towards the progress both in size and status. It has been tidning constantly over the difficnsties for its manifestation upto the fullest extent. The powers that be are quiet alive to the present distress of the sdudents of the college. Its action speaks volumes for its own strength. Very soon the college library will be houred in the newly constructed building out of M.P.LAD grant. The college has so far achieved the distinguished honour of being a fulfledged honours college throughout the West Bengal and specially in Howrah. There is every hope that further improvements in college life will come in near future.