Gobardanga Hindu College
Gobardanga Hindu College
|President||:||Sri Jyotipriya Mallik|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Harekrishna Mandal|
|Former Name||:||Gobardanga Hindu College|
|Affiliation(s)||:||West Bengal State University|
Post Graduate (NSOU)
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC)
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)
|Department(s)||:||Arts, Science & Commerce|
Information not found.
- Career counselling cell:
- The Career counselling cell of the college consists of faculty members. The main activities of the cell are related to the campus recruitment. The Cell maintains correspondence with industries, corporate houses, etc., to facilitate practical training and campus interviews for the placement of students in prestigious companies.
- Remedial/SSC Coaching:
- Remedial: All the Departments of the college provide Remedial Coaching to the S.C, S.T, O.B.C, and economically backward general students as per the U.G.C plan.
- SSC: The College provides a special coaching to all students for SSC examination as per the U.G.C plan.
- Educational Excursion:
- Annual educational excursion, short tours are arranged by the departments of Travel Tourism, B. Ed., Botany, Zoology, Geography and Journalism following the course curriculum of the West Bengal State University. These excursions help students to acquire knowledge of the curriculum and enable them to be familiar with the social, economic and cultural life of the people of our country.
- Computer Centre:
- All the departments, library and college office have access to internet. The College has an effective computer centre in the college premises for all categories of students.
- Digital Classroom:
- A model digital class room is under construction. But Mathematics Department has already started digital class room teaching.
- Boys and Womenâ€™s Hostel:
- There is one boyâ€™s hostel and two well decorated womenâ€™s hostel buildings for the accommodation of boys and girls students.
- Common Rooms:
- College has two common rooms meant for the girls and boys separately. Common Rooms are equipped with indoor games like Carom, Table Tennis etc. More Building space is urgently required to satisfy the demands of the enormous students strength of the College at present (more than 7000 students).
- The college previously had a well equipped multi-gym having advanced instruments for students. A new building is under construction where the total unit will be shifted and advancement of the gym is planned.
- Medical Unit:
- All the students are card holders of Students Health Home. A medical unit for students has been started to run by the College.
- Students of the scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and minority communities are eligible to get stipends from the Government of West Bengal.
- Free Studentship:
- Meritorious and economically poor students are financially supported by the college with a limited number of Half and Full free studentships. The students from SC & ST communities and those availing financial assistance (in the form of scholarship or stipends) from other sources, can not get such free studentships.
- Equal Opportunity Centre:
- Equal Opportunity Center has been set up to uplift SC/ST/OBC, Minorities, Women and the Physically-challenged students.
- The college canteen is under renovation. It supplies food to students at subsidized rates. For teaching and other college staffs there are separate counters for food as well.
- College Magazine:
- The College publishes a magazine, each year. It showcases the literary and artistic reflections of the students who contribute their essays, short stories, poems, travelogue and drawings. Teachers and staff of the college also contribute their thoughts in the magazine.
Gobardanga Hindu College, a Govt. Sponsored co-educational Degree College affiliated to the West Bengal State University, Barasat, North 24Pgs. West Bengal, India, is an institution to reckon with. The college has contributed significantly to the history of the education system of Bengal. Gobardanga Hindu College has played a vital role in the life of the people in the vicinity. Previously, educated and renowned persons along with a number of college teachers of Doulatpur College, presently in Bangladesh, under the compulsion of the national war of independence, came to India and established this college in 27th November, 1947, immediately after independence with a view to enlighten the young generation with the philosophical cult of Upanishadâ€™shadâ€™s-â€śAsato Ma Satgamaya, Tamaso Ma Jyotirgamaya, Mrityo Ma Amritam Gamaya.â€ť This college, in course of its different philanthropic activities apart from academic affairs, has achieved its noble aims and has been accredited by NACC (an autonomous body of UGC) at level â€śAâ€ť in 2005.