|President||:||Prof. Pabitra Sarkar|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||--|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Kalyani|
|Category||:||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of W.B.,
University Grants Commission (UGC)
|Department(s)||:||Mass Communication and Community Journalism|
|Click here to view Admission Notices of session :||
|Main Courses||MA in Mass Communication and Community Journalism|
|B.A. (Hons.) in Media Studies (Mass Communication & Journalism)|
|B.A. (Major ) Course in Advertising, Retail Chain and Sales Promotion|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Journalism|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Film and Television Studies (Production Based)|
|Short Certificate Courses||Advertising, Public Relation and Event Management|
|Corporate Training Programs|
|Editing - FCP|
|Marketing, Sales & Promotion and Retail Management|
|Value Added Programs||Communicative English, Soft Skill & Personality Development|
|PG Diploma||PG Diploma in Film and Television Studies|
Eligibility Criteria for MA in Mass Communication and Community Journalism
A maximum of 40% of seats will be allotted for direct admission (i.e. without admission test) on the basis of the result of B.A.(Hons.) Part III examination under this University with Mass Communication and Journalism as the Honours subject or a Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Journalism/Film and Television Studies (regular or distance mode).
- Honours Graduates (under 10+2+3 system) in any discipline.
- Media and corporate personnel (Public Relations and Advertising) with 2 years experience (Preferably Honours Graduate).
- Successful candidates in Communicative English (Major) The above categories of aspirant students are eligible to sit for the entrance examination and viva voci.
Graduates having one year Postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication/Journalism/Film and Television Studies/Public Relations/Advertising from other Universities will also be eligible to sit for the entrance examination and viva voci.
Information not found.
- We provide up to date facilities to our students. Some of the facilities are-
- A.V.studio: the institute have well equipped, acoustically treated AC audio visual studio.
- Computer lab: the computer lab is a practice area for students which have all the new and necessary software related to media.
- Video shooting camera: each student is given opportunity to learn about videography and film making through practical experience. The institute has its own camera to provide those experiences.
- Still camera: the institute has its still camera to provide students with hands on experience about still photography.
- Library: our library has the latest books related to courses offered.
- Other facilities are-
- Canteen: we provide tasty and healthy foods for our students.
- Recreation room: "all work and no play make john a dull boy". Keeping that in mind we have a recreation room for our students to encourage their creative side.
- Guest room: facility of guest room is there for visiting faculties from other universities.
Institute of mass communication film and television studies, a non-profit society, is registered under societies Act, XXVI of 1961, Govt. of West Bengal in the year 2002. The institute provides a wide range of courses which includes mass communication, journalism, public relations, advertising, audio-visual communication; film studies and other allied subjects related to media studies.
The main objective of this institute is to create skilled personals to be ready to enter the industry. The students are provided not only with the theoretical knowledge but they are also given hands on practical trainings. The philosophy of this institute is to provide quality education and nurture the entrepreneurship and leadership qualities of the learners. Beside educational skills the Institute of mass communication film and television studies also aims at creating a better human out of each and every student.
The Institute has been approved by the Department of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal and affiliated to the University of Kalyani and affiliated to University Grants Commission to conduct 3yrs. B.A. Hons Degree course in Media Studies and 1yr. Post Graduate Diploma course in Mass Communication & Journalism along with 2 years MA in mass communication and community journalism, following the approved syllabi of the University of Kalyani. The Institute also ensures to provide a legally recognized and accredited degree and diploma certificate after successful completion of the course from the concerned University. Also the governing body of the institute includes luminaries from the field of education, media and corporate to make a cogent body in the field of education sector.
The institute has its well equipped computer lab and editing studio. Practical classes for still and video photography are conducted regularly. Beside this film making is added as a compulsory activity in both degree and diploma courses. The institute also has its own "earn while you learn" project where students are provided with an opportunity to earn by the means of web development. Other than this the students are provided with a platform to showcase their talents through its wall magazine.