|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||--|
|Former Name||:||Magrahat College|
|Location||:||Magrahat, 24 Parganas (S)|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|B.A. General||B.A. General|
Magrahat College provides following facilities :
- » Well equiped classroom
- » Library
- » Playground
- » Bus Transport
- » Computer Laboratory
- » Science Laboratory
Magrahat College, South 24 Parganas was established in 1996. the college provides undergraduate courses in arts. The curriculum is designed by the Boards of Studies of Calcutta University. The college is well equipped with all modern facilities. A variety of teaching and learning techniques are employed to impart knowledge and skills to the students of the college. The college is affiliated to the Calcutta University. It is the oldest of the modern universities in India. It was established in 1857 during the administration of Lord Canning, the Governor General of India.
It is the only university in India which produced four Nobel laureates and has ranked consistently amongst the first five hundred universities in the world. It was the first modern university in the Indian subcontinent. It has been declared as a "Five Star University" and a "Centre with Potential for Excellence" by the University Grants Commission (UGC). The Times Education Supplement of London ranked the University of Calcutta as the 39th best university in the world, in the Arts & Humanities category in 2005. The main campus of the university is located at College Street in Kolkata while and several other campuses are spread over the metro and its suburbs.