|Established||:||23rd July, 1944|
|President||:||Sri Krishnendu Narayan Choudhury|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Tapan Kumar Mandal|
|Former Name||:||Malda College|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Gour Banga|
|Category||:||Under Graduate & Post Graduate|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Department(s)||:||Arts, Science & Commerce|
Admission Procedure :
Admission information :
- » Online Form Fill-Up for admission to Honours and General Courses at the Under Graduate level will open (onlinemaldacollege.org) 24 hours after the publication of the result of Higher Secondary Examination of W.B.C.H.S.E.
- » B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. â€“ Honours and General degree are meant for those who have passed the Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education in 10+2 pattern after a period of 12 years study or an examination recognized as equivalent by the University of Gour Banga provided she/ he passed at least in five subjects with English as a Compulsory subject.
- » Students passed in the previous session can apply on condition that 5% marks will be deducted from merit points for every year.
- » The eligibility criteria as furnished by the University of Gour Banga for admission to first year Regular Honours Courses are :
- 45% Marks in the aggregate or
- 40% marks in the aggregate and 50% marks in the subject opted for Honours in the qualifying examination.
Merit Marks Calculation formula.
Best five means including English but excluding Environmental Study. Subject marks be â€ś0â€ť in case a student opts for a subject but not passed in H.S.
- » In case of Honours in Computer Science, opted but not in H.S., marks of either Mathematics or Physics will be taken in place of Subject Marks.
- » For General course Merit Marks Calculation Formula:
Best five means including English but excluding Environmental Study
- » Merit lists to be notified on the College Notice Board / College web site and the listed candidates are asked to appear on a notified date along with Original Mark-Sheet of the last qualifying Examination, Caste Certificate (if any), certificate for Physically Handicapped (if any), School Leaving Certificate, original proof of residence (Voter ID, Ration Card or Adhar Card) and 1(one) Passport Size Photograph for counseling failing which they forfeit their claim for admission.
- » The Candidates passing H.S. either General stream (Arts & Commerce) or in vocational stream are eligible for the admission to B.A. / B.Com. General stream respectively and the candidates passing qualifying Exam in Science (General Stream) are eligible for the admission to B.Sc. general course.
- » Students of other State Board are eligible to apply but they have to produce Migration Certificate. Students from Open School (Mukta Vidyalaya) or Distance Education can not apply.
- » In General Course only residents of Englishbazar and Manikchak Block of Malda District can apply.
Form Fill-Up Procedure :
- A student can opt for one Honours Subject in single Form.
- Incomplete Forms will be treated as cancelled.
- Applicants are advised to go through the Application Procedure carefully before filling in the application form.
- Before filling in Form applicants are advised to place a soft copy of passport size photograph in the omputer in order to upload it in the Form.
- Candidate must be careful to put his/her Date of Birth. After submission Date of Birth cannot be corrected.
- After completion of filling in Form and clicking the submission button the applicant will get a THREE PART CHALLAN from which College Part and Bank Part should be submitted to any branch of United Bank of India and deposit Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) for one Form (Both for Hons &General).
- If selected, candidate has to submit a copy of the printed form with his/her signature in it at the admission counter of Malda College.
- Merit lists will be available from the website www.maldacollege.ac.in and also from Malda College Notice Board.
- Admission schedule will be announced after completion of Form Fill-Up and publication of Merit List.
- The admission is purely provisional and subject to cancellation if any error/mistake is detected.
- The Form Fill-Up and Admission schedule are subject to change or postponement any time.
- Distance Education
- Coaching Centers
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
- NSS Unit
- NCC Unit
Malda College, a Govt. sponsored, NAAC accredited academic institution, is perfectly poised between seven decades of glorious tradition behind and new horizons of challenges and achievements ahead. Conventional curriculum in different streams of learning are supplemented of the contemporary job oriented courses. Mission of widening the reach of learning in a backward locality and adventure of facing challenges are the mottos of Malda College.
Malda College, one of the biggest educational institutions of the state at present, started its journey on the 23rd July, 1944.
At present, the College offers courses in three streams, Science, Arts and Commerce both General & Honors in all 16 Departments at the UG level with accommodating more than six thousand students.
The College offers Post Graduate courses in three subjects â€“ History, English since 2003 and Bengali since 2014. The library of the College, with a stock of more than thirty thousand books, is one of the best of its kind. The Science departments are well â€“ equipped with laboratories enriched by necessary modern gadgets such as Computers, LCD, Film â€“ Projector, V.C.R. etc. The college has a specious play ground that serves the purpose of holding tournaments, sports-meets and cultural function. A number of gardens and orchards of different types within the campus adds to the science beauty of the place and offers an ideal academic atmosphere.
Another proud possession of the College is the twin auditoria in the campus, built to commemorate the Golden Jubilee Celebrations of the College in 1994. The Main hall with 1050 (one thousand fifty) seats and the smaller one with 300 (three hundred) seats together can be considered the biggest and the best auditorium in the northern part of the state, equipped with the modern apparatus, shopping complex, guest suits etc.
The role of the staff and the students of the college in all the social and cultural activities have always been widely appreciated. The avowed aim of the college is to hold up its age old tradition of healthy academic atmosphere secured through the sincere efforts of a band of devoted teachers and learners acting in prefect unison. The extent of our success is exhibited by he students of the College, frequently all through its long history of more than 60 years. As future takes shapes in the womb of part and present, Malda College is rightly confident of keeping up its glorious tradition.