Muralidhar Girl's College, Kolkata
MURALIDHAR GIRL'S COLLEGE
|Former Name||:||Ballygunge Girlsâ€™ College||Location||:||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Affiliations||:||University of Calcutta||Website||:||www.muralidhargirlscollege.com|
|P-411/14, Gariahat Road, Ballygunge, Kolkata - 700 029. West Bengal, INDIA.|
|+91 033 2464 1312|
|Information Not Found|
|How To Reach Us|
|Affiliation, Accreditation & Recognization|
|Muralidhar Girl's College offers B.A. courses in the following subjects.|
|Under Graduate Courses|
|Bachelor of Arts|
MURALIDHAR GIRLSâ€™ COLLEGE began as a girlsâ€™ school with a very small number of students in 1919. The founder was Sri Muralidhar Bandyopadhyay, Principal of Sanskrit College, a celebrated scholar and educationist, whose dream was to inspire in young women the ideals of national tradition and culture. His dream was fulfilled later on July 8th, 1940 when the school developed into Ballygunge Girlsâ€™ College with the distinguished educationist Sri Nalini Mohan Shastri as Principal.
In 1945 the College was affiliated (permanent) to the University of Calcutta and a year later it was renamed as Muralidhar Girlsâ€™ College as a mark of respect to the founderâ€™s memory. His worthy son, Sri Hironmoy Bandyopadhyay, lAS, Ex Vice-Chancellor, Rabindra Bharati University, became Vice President of the College Governing Body and organised a grant of Rs 3 lakh from the Government of India for the construction of a 3 storied building on Gariahat Road, where the college has since been housed. Now the College is recognised with serial no. 232 in UGC list of recognised colleges (in West Bengal) under section 2(f) & 12(B) of the UGC act, and also registered under West Bengal Societies Registration Act, 1961.
Total land area of the College is 0.25253 acre having undisputed ownership. Total constructed area is 3134.5 sq.m.
»Audio Visual Centre
»College Computer Centre
»Awards & Honours
»Aid - Fund
»Students Co-Operative Stores
|» Muralidhar Girls' College - Official Website|