Loreto College, Kolkata
Admission Information - B.A. / B.Sc. / B.Com. (Honours & General) / B.Ed.
Academic Year 2014 - 2015
B.A. / B.Sc. Honours and General Degree Course 2014 - 2015
Admission Forms to the 1st yr B.A. / B.Sc candidates will be available on the college website on the day of publication of Higher Secondary (Ucchya Madhyamik) Results.
|Counselling for the choice of Courses : Please bring along your School Reports (Class X, XI & XII), Board Marksheets (Class X & XII) along with the information sheet of Loreto College||31.5.2014 - 3.6.2014
9:30 A.M. - 12:30 P.M.
|Application Forms available on-line (www.loretocollege.in)||30.5.2014 - 4.6.2014|
|Hard copies of the Application Forms to be submitted to the college from 9:00 A.M. - 2:00 P.M. (along with the State Bank, Jeevan Deep Branch Receipt for Rs. 200/-)||31.5.2014 - 10.6.2014|
|NO APPLICATION FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12 NOON - 10.6.2014.|
|Lists of Candidates selected for Written Test/Interviews for Geography Honours (4:00 P.M.)||13.6.2014|
|Written Tests and Interviews for Selected Candidates for Geography Honours (9:00 A.M. followed by Interview.) Reporting time 8:30 A.M.||17.6.2014|
KINDLY VISIT THE WEBISTE REGARDING DATES WHEN LISTS OF SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE UPLOADED
- All Applications are On-line through College website. No printed forms will be available in the College.
- Students may apply for more than one Honours / General Course / Subject. The application for each Honours / General Course / Subject is to be made on separate On-line Application Forms.
- Application fee of Rs. 200/- is to be paid separately for each Application Form at SBI, Jeevan Deep Branch, Kolkata.
- For each subject there is a separate eligibility criteria and the applications without the eligible marks will be summarily rejected.
- Before submitting the On-line forms, verify all details entered; then proceed to the next step.
- SUBMIT the Application Form On-line.
- A printable version of the Application Form will appear.
- Take a PRINTOUT of the Application Form and Bank Payment sheet.
- Payment must be made through the Bank Payment sheet generated automatically after submitting the form. The Bank Payment receipt duly stamped should be collected from the Bank.
- Affix a recent passport-sized photograph into the allotted box on the Application Form.
The PRINTOUT of the Application Form along with attested copies of
- Report Cards of Classes X, XI, XII
- Board Marksheets and Admit Cards of Classes X, XII
- Character Certificate X and XII
- The Bank Payment receipt (i.e. Applicantâ€™s copy should be attached)
- Application forms without the Bank Payment receipt attached will be rejected.
- Outstation students may make payment of the Application Fee of Rs. 200/- through Demand Draft in favour of â€˜Loreto Collegeâ€™ payable at Kolkata.
- Outstation students need to attach the Demand Draft to the Application Form along with the above mentioned documents and send these through Speed Post to the College address such that the form is received by the College within 4 days of the last day of the release of the Application Form.
- A Pass in the Higher Secondary (10+2) Examination in FOUR recognized subjects of which one should be English.
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent Examination in 2011 and onwards are eligible to seek admission to the 1st year B.A./B.Sc Courses of Studies provided she has also passed in English with full marks not being less than 100.
- A candidate applying for Honours must have obtained a minimum of 60% in the subject/related subject and 50% in the aggregate (based on best FOUR subjects including English, excluding compulsory Environmental Education/Studies, Home Science) of the Higher Secondary Examination.
Given below are the MINIMUM requirements for this College for the HONOURS COURSES.
PLEASE NOTE, SELECTION WILL BE MADE ON THE BASIS OF MERIT.
For English Honours :
ENG. A / Elec - 75 % & Aggregate - 60% (best 4 subj. including Eng. excluding compulsory Environmental Ed./St.)
ENG. B / Core - 75 % & Aggregate - 60% (best 4 subj. including Eng. excluding compulsory Environmental Ed./St.)
FOR GEOGRAPHY / HISTORY / EDUCATION / POLITICAL SCIENCE / PSYCHOLOGY / ECONOMICS HONS :
RESP. SUBJECT - 60% & Aggregate - 60% (best 4 subj. including Eng. excluding compulsory Environmental Ed./St.)
Before filling in of forms, if you wish to avail of Counselling regarding choice of subjects, you are welcome any day from May 31 â€“ June 3, 2014 between 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 noon. Please bring your class X, XI, XII Report Cards, Board Mark Sheets and relevant documents.
CHRISTIANS, S.C., S.T., O.B.C, PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED AND OTHER CHALLENGED CANDIDATES DESERVING OF CONSIDERATION - may meet the Principal, if available, between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. . Sportswomen and performing artistes may also meet the Principal with their certificates of participation and accomplishment at State and National level. Meeting the Principal does not ensure admission.
Baptism Certificate and Reference from the Parish Priest (for Christians) and Caste Certificates (for S.C. / S.T. /O.B.C. candidates) are required to be submitted with the printout of the duly filled in On-line Application Form to the College office.
ADMISSION PROCEDURE :
All information regarding admission (including dates of the various stages of admission) will be available on the Website (www.loretocollege.in) and on the College Notice Board. No information will be provided over the phone.
FINAL SELECTION :
Admissions in Loreto College are made on the basis of merit considering:
• Marks of the Qualifying Examination
• A study of the School Reports and Character Certificates
• Written Tests and / or Interview
INTERVIEWS AND FINAL FORMALITIES :
A final list of candidates selected for Interviews with the Principal will be put on the College Notice Board (within the stipulated date). At the time of Interview with the Principal, candidates must come in with at least one parent and bring all the necessary ORIGINAL documents. Once the selection is complete, the fees should be paid at the bank. After payment of fees, the candidate must return to the college with at least one parent or guardian to fill in the Admission Form. The ORIGINAL MIGRATION CERTIFICATE (for students from all Boards other than the W.B.H.S., C.B.S.E., I.S.C. and N.I.O.S.), COPIES OF CHARACTER CERTIFICATE, ADMIT CARD AND MARKSHEET (all students) must be submitted at that time.
PLEASE NOTE :
- Those finally selected will pay fees and fill in the Admission Form by the stipulated date. Failure to do so will mean that the name will be cancelled and the seat will be given to the next candidate on the Waiting List.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded. The admission is final only when the Admission Form is completed and all documents have been submitted. The Original Migration Certificate for students from Boards other than W.B.H.S., C.B.S.E., I.S.C. and N.I.O.S. must be submitted.
- After admission, if you intend not to join Loreto College for any reason, kindly inform the College Office at the earliest so that other students who are on the Waiting List may be given an opportunity for admission.
Application Forms submitted without valid Bank Payment Sheet will be REJECTED.
KINDLY READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS VERY CAREFULLY BEFORE CHOOSING YOUR SUBJECTS AND FILLING IN THE FORM. IF YOU CHOOSE AN INVALID SUBJECT COMBINATION, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
Loreto College offers B. A. Honours Courses in ENGLISH /EDUCATION* / HISTORY / POLITICAL SCIENCE / PSYCHOLOGY ** / GEOGRAPHY ***
A candidate wishing to apply for B. A. Honours must choose her Honours subject from any ONE of the above and her TWO Elective subjects from Groups I to VII given below, (NOT TAKING MORE THAN ONE SUBJECT FROM EACH GROUP as Honours / Elective subjects).
Please note, the Honours and Elective subjects must not be identical. The Honours and Elective subjects must not be from the same Group.
|Group - I||Education / Film Studies / Human Rights|
|Group - II||History / Mathematics|
|Group - III||Economics|
|Group - IV||Political Science|
|Group - V||Psychology / Journalism & Mass Communication|
|Group - VI||English (Limited seats)|
|Group - VII||Bengali / Hindi|
Journalism may be taken with Film Studies / Human Rights.
THE FOLLOWING ARE INVALID COMBINATIONS FOR B.A. HONOURS. HENCE KINDLY DO NOT OPT FOR THEM
• ECONOMICS & FILM STUDIES
• FILM STUDIES & PSYCHOLOGY
• ECONOMICS & PSYCHOLOGY
• ECONOMICS & MATHEMATICS
Please Note :
*Students opting for Education Honours (without Education as a subject at the Higher Secondary level) must ensure that they have qualified in a related subject viz. Psychology / Philosophy / Mathematics (not Business Mathematics) / Sociology / Economics (not Business Economics) / Political Science / History.
**While opting for Psychology Honours, kindly ensure that you have studied Psychology / Pure Science at the Higher Secondary level and obtained the requisite marks.
***The two Electives offered for B.A. Geography Honours are (1) History/English (2) Political Science / Human Rights
Film Studies, Human Rights are Self-Financing Courses.
B.Sc. Honours Course in GEOGRAPHY
The two Electives offered are : 1. Economics/Mathematics 2. Political Science / Human Rights
B.Sc. Honours Course in PSYCHOLOGY
The two Electives offered are : 1. Economics/Mathematics 2. Education / History / Political Science
B.Sc. Honours Course in ECONOMICS
The two Electives offered are : 1. Mathematics 2. Political Science / Human Rights / History
Students opting for Economics Honours (without Economics as a subject at the Higher Secondary level) must ensure that they have qualified in Mathematics (not Business Mathematics).
Elective Mathematics and Economics Honours are Self-Financing Courses (AS OF NOW)
B.A. GeneralLoreto College offers B.A. General Courses with any THREE Electives from one of the following combinations :
|2.||History||Education||English / Hindi / Bengali|
|3.||Geography||Political Science||English / Hindi / Bengali|
|4.||Economics||History||Education / Political Science|
|5.||Education||Political Science||English / Hindi / Bengali|
B.Sc. GeneralLoreto College offers a B. Sc. General Course with the following THREE Electives :
Compulsory Subjects for all Honours and General Courses :
- Compulsory English
- Hindi / Bengali / Alternative English
- Environmental Studies (Inly at the 3rd Year Level)
The printout of the Application Form along with attested copies of Report cards of classes X, XI, XII, Board marksheets of Classes X and XII, Character Certificate will need to be submitted to the College office within the dates scheduled.
B.A. / B.SC. Fees Structure For 2014-2015
|At The Time Of Admission Only|
|Admission Fees||Rs. 1500.00 p.a.|
|University Regn. (Migration)||Rs. 200.00 p.a.|
|University Regn. (Non-Migration)||Rs. 100.00 p.a.|
|University Form & Charges||Rs. 35.00 p.a.|
|University Sports Fees||Rs. 60.00 p.a.|
|University Examination Form||Rs. 20.00 p.a.|
|Library (with internet usage)||Rs. 1200.00 p.a.|
|Games & Social||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Societies & Seminars||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Internal Examination, Stationery, Generator, Locker, Computer & Counselling Fees||Rs. 2750.00 p.a.|
|NAAC & Centenary Fee||Rs. 200.00 p.a.|
|Student Health Home Fees||Rs. 5.00 p.a.|
|Geography||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Psychology||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Communicative English||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Film Studies / Human Rights||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Journalism||Rs. 600.00 p.a.|
|Computer Applications||Rs. 2000.00 p.a.|
|Tuition Fees||Rs. 150.00 p.m.|
|Development, Maintenance, Electricity & Taxes||Rs. 250.00 p.m.|
|Film Studies/ Human Rights (Self Financing)||Rs. 300.00 p.m.|
|Computer Applications Fees (Self - financing)||Rs. 750.00 p.m.|