|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Himansu Kumar Bose|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||--|
Admission to the Honours and General course shall be done on the basis of Aggregate marks secured by a candidate in the qualifying examination. Aggregate marks of a candidate shall mean the marks obtained in top four subjects (excluding Environmental Studies) in the immediately preceding qualifying examination.
For candidates passing the H.S. (10+2) Examination from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education under old system, marks obtained in top five subjects shall be considered to determine their aggregate marks.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission:
For Honours Students: ( General Category )
( Any One of the Following Criteria )
- 50% in Aggregate and 45% in the concerned subject in which Honours is desired OR
- 55% in the concerned subject in which Honours is desired OR
- 50% in Aggregate if the subject was not studied in the previous qualifying examination in which Honours is desired
For S.C. / S.T. Students
- 40% in Aggregate OR 40% in the concerned subject in which Honours is desired
Following documents are needed at the time of admission for 1st year students:
- Mark-sheet and Admit Card of the last qualifying examination in original and attested Photo copies.
- Age Proof certificate in original and attested photocopies of Madhyamik Certificate / Admit Card.
- Five copies of recent stamp sized colour photographs.
- One copy photograph of the student with father and mother / Guardian.
- Documents from appropriate authority in support of SC/ST and Other Backward Classes (OBC) wherever applicable.
- Migration Certificate in original, if a candidate is migrating from Other Board / University.
Information not found.
InfrastructurePanchur College comes with lots of infrastructural facilities that help bringing the complete development of the students of our college. It has computer and internet facilities to cope up with the international standards of education, a library comprised of all kinds of books in order to help students at every step of their career and a healthy canteen.
- The college has a Canteen to supply snacks and refreshment to the students at a very competitive rate.
- The college has separate common rooms for boys and girls with provision for various indoor games.
Established in 2008, Panchur College is one of the youngest colleges in the State of West Bengal. However, it has been slowly but steadily trying to move ahead since its inception, to fulfil its goal of providing quality education to all at an affordable cost. From the time of its establishment, it is trying to fulfil the requirements of higher education in the predominantly minority inhabited locality of Metiaburz - Santoshpur - Maheshtala. It has faced various challenges and difficulties in the last five years. But, instead of suppressing its zeal, they have acted as catalysts for its determination to move ahead.
The College aspires to attain new milestones in future through the collective determination and commitment of its staff and the students as well as the support and affection of its well wishers. In the last couple of months, Library facilities have been expanded, students and staff have been provided with internet connectivity and WEBEL have started a compulsory computer training course for all students at a very nominal fee. Many other student friendly initiatives like Career - Counselling and Placement-Assistance Programs, introduction of Spoken English and Personality Development Programs, Introduction of New Courses etc are in the pipeline and shall be implemented soon. The College is trying to keep pace with the changing demands of higher education and employment through constant innovation. It also tries to strike a balance between tradition and modernity on the one hand and discipline and freedom on the other.
The College has been relentlessly striving to enhance the quality and scope of its educational initiatives and to increase and improve its infrastructural facilities. It tries to provide a platform to its students where they can blend their academic pursuits with their extra-curricular activities for a holistic development of their personalities. Highly motivated faculty members constantly try to upgrade their teaching methods in order to enlarge the mental horizons of their students. The office and other support staff try to provide an atmosphere of efficiency and cordiality to the students which help in the process of learning.
The College is well aware of the fact that in the 21st Century, Innovation and Speed are the key words for survival and growth. Therefore, it is leaving no stones unturned to achieve its objectives and to reach its goals.