|Established||:||17th Feb. 1961|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||--|
|Former Name||:||RamaKrishna Mission Brahmananda College of Education|
|Location||:||Rahara, 24 Parganas (N)|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC), National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) & National Council For Teacher Education (NCTE)|
|Click here to view Admission Notices of session :||
Subjects Offered :
West Bengal State University, Barasat ( DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION )
The structure of the revised course will be as follows :-
- Theory papers : 600 marks.
The course shall comprise 3 compulsory papers each divided into two halves of 50 marks each as mentioned below:
Paper - I
- Foundations and Development of Education in Independent India.
- First Half - Foundations of Education.
- Second Half - Historical Development of Education in Independent India.
Paper - II
- Psychology of Learning and Instruction
- First Half - Psychology of Learning
- Second Half - Psychological Bases of Instruction.
Paper - III
- Educational Management
- 1st. Half - Institutional Management
- 2nd. Half - Management of Manpower Resource
- Pedagogical study of school subjects 200 marks.
Paper IV and V :
- Each candidate shall choose two school subjects from the following :
- 1. Bengali 2. English 3. History 4. Mathematics
- Group Y
- 5. Geography 6. L. Science 7. Ph. Science 8. Ph. Education 9.Work Education
Paper - VI
- Compulsory Elective Paper - 100 marks
- Each candidate shall select one of the following subjects :
- Education of Children with Special Needs.
- Measurement and Evaluation in Education.
- Education in Ancient, Medieval and British India ( New special subjects may be introduced).
- Practical Papers - 400 marks.
Paper VII & VIII
- Development of Teaching Skills and Instructional Materials ( For two method papers) - 100 marks for each paper.
Paper - XI
- Teaching Practical - 100 marks.
- Each candidate shall have to execute two lessons, one each in the two method papers. Each lesson carries 50 marks.
Paper - X
- Sessional Activities Related to Teaching and Community Outreach Activities - 100 marks.
- Minimum Qualification : Graduate or Post-Graduate in any one method subject available at our College with at least 50% marks in average.
- Attendance at daily prayers, lectures, tutorials, practice- teaching, college examinations, college celebrations, co-curricular activities, etc. is compulsory. No trainee of the college will be allowed to accept any employment, private Tuition, etc. during the period of training. Candidates who have any examination due are not admitted.
- Application for admission in the printed form should reach the Principal in due time. Forms can be obtained from the College.
Application by a teacher-candidate must be forwarded by the school where he is serving, along with a copy of the resolution of the Managing Committee authorizing him to undergo this training.
- Selected applicants will appear at an interview. No traveling allowance is admissible. Candidate must produce at the time of interview their University degrees, original mark-sheets, original certificates of co-curricular activities, the School Final certificate for evidence of age and the migration certificate.
Admission Eligibility :
Approved graduate and post-graduate teachers deputed by recognized Secondary schools of West Bengal, are eligible for admission. Non-teacher graduates and post-graduates are also eligible if they are below 35 years of age. Admission to the college is restricted to the male students only. The admission of reserve category students are done according to the Govt. norms. They must produce their original certificates at the time of interview.
- » Hostel
Hostel of the college plays an important part in its training program. The college and the hostel form a single unit. Therefore, it goes without saying that the trainees should abide by not only the rules and discipline of the college, but also those of the hostel.
Discipline in day-to-day life helps to bring forth oneâ€™s latent potentialities in a systematic manner. Not only that, it promotes a healthy relation between the teachers, the taught and the management to live a healthy community life, thereby making them imbibe a spirit of service and mutual co-operation, which is essential in the pursuit of knowledge.
- » Laboratories available
Psychology Laboratory :
The college has a well equipped Psychology Laboratory which provides practical training to the student teachers . The laboratory has a good number of testing apparatus to assess intelligence, aptitude, creativity and many other personality tests.
Educational Technology Laboratory :
The Educational Technology Room of the college has a good collection of educational video films and other apparatus to provide training to students in using multimedia facilities.
Language Laboratory :
The Language Laboratory of the college has a good collection of language development materials and tests. A Spoken English Program is also offered to the students through this laboratory.
Physical Science Laboratory :
The Physical Science Laboratory of this college comprises two separate laboratories in Chemistry and Physics. The laboratories are well equipped with apparatus and chemical reagents to perform all types of tests.
Life Science Laboratory :
Life Science Laboratory is well equipped with the dissecting trays, dissecting boxes, a good number of compound Microscope, Binocular Microscope, etc. for providing all facilities for experiments in Zoology & Botany. For Physiological experiments Sphygmomanometer , stethoscope and other apparatus are available. The laboratory is enriched with many preserved museum specimens, charts and models.
Geography Laboratory :
The Geography Laboratory of this college is beautifully decorated with models , pictures and other necessary apparatus. The theme of national integration covering all the states and union territories of India is beautifully portrayed.
Mathematics Laboratory :
The Mathematics Laboratory is equipped with charts, pictures, etc. Adequate arrangements are there for different types of tests and experiments.
- » Computer
- » Internet
- » Community outreach activities/Social service
- » Co-curricular activities (Drama, Essay Competition, Recitation)
- » Value education
- » Gardening
- » Use of educational technology
- » Publication of college magazine (The Kalyan)
- » Publication of a registered college journal (The Anwesa). ISSN- 0973-5895
- » Re-union of ex-students
- » Work Educational projects like soap making, phenyl making , wood work, book-binding and electrical works, etc
- » Physical Education (Gym facilities provided)
- » Hostel
- » Indoor & Outdoor games
- » Book-bank and Internet facility in the library
The Ramakrishna Mission Boysâ€™ Home, Rahara, is one such branch center, which was established on the first September, 1944 as an Orphanage with 37 boys rendered orphan by the great Bengal Famine of 1942-1943. The Home also extended its activities to the field of education and built a big educational complex around it with a number of institutions for general, technical, vocational as well as teacher education.
Brahmananda Post Graduate Basic Training College was an integral part of this educational complex. The college was established on the 17th Feb. 1961, after the holy name of swami Brahmananda, the first president of Ramakrishna Math and Mission.
Since the session 1999-2000 this college has been renamed as Ramakrishna Mission Brahmananda College of Education (a unit of Ramakrishna Mission Boysâ€™ Home, Rahara) after being affiliated to the University of Calcutta introduce B.Ed. course in place of PGBT course. The college is fully residential and recognized by the NCTE.
The college has already made its distinguished mark in the teacher-training program of the State. The college plan comprises a well-equipped library, a play-ground and a three storied hostel building. Laboratory facilities for the study of Physical Science, Life Science, and Geography, Workshop facilities for Work Educational projects, efficient teaching staff , exceptionally good results year after year and good discipline have all combined to earn a reputation for the college. Facilities of computer, Internet, generator, Xerox machine, educational programs through projectors, TV, VCR, DVD, and Epidiascope, Multi-gym are also available.