(Affiliated to Calcutta University)
(For Women Candidates Only)
|On-line Form submission starts on||:||01 February 2011, 12:00 Noon.|
|On-line Form submission closes on||:||01 March 2011, 10:00 A.M..|
Last date of submission of form fee at Axis Bank
Click Here to see List of Axis Bank Branches
|:||01 March 2011, 3:00 P.M.|
|Date of Publication of Merit List||:||11 March 2011, 3:00 P.M.|
|Dates of Admission||:||
15, 16, and 17 March 2011
Visit www.scottishchurch.ac.in for details
B.Ed. Admission 2011:
Admissions to B.Ed. Course in Scottish Church College will be done only through "On-line Submission" of forms. No printed forms will be available from anywhere.
Kindly note the following :
The College does not take any money other than the prescribed fee mentioned in the Admission Information Brochure. Please beware of any middle-man. For admission related matters, please contact the department / college directly.
On-line Submission of Forms:
- On-line submission of forms starts at 12 Noon 01 February 2011 and closes at 10 A.M. 01 March 2011. The Application Fee (Rs. 200.00) along with the bank charges (Rs. 20.00) may be remitted to the bank till 3.00 pm on 01 March 2011.
- Read the Admission Information Brochure carefully and follow the instructions to submit forms on-line.
- Fill up the form on-line carefully. Any false information given in the form will disqualify the application.
- Once the form has been successfully submitted on-line, print the unique Application Number and the two-part Bank Deposit Form. You may also print Applicant's copy of the form for future reference.
- Unless the Application Fee is paid to the bank on or before the last date of submission of forms, your form will not be considered for admission.
- You may check your Application Status on line THREE days after remitting the Application Fee in the bank. Any problem may be reported to firstname.lastname@example.org with all details such as application no, name of the applicant, branch of Axis Bank where fee is remitted, etc.
- Those who find difficulty in on-line submission may seek help from the College Computer Centre from 14 February 2011 to 22 February 2011 between 11:00 A.M. and 3:00 P.M. (Excluding Saturday, Sunday & Holidays).
Admission Information Brochure : 2011-12
The Scottish Church College was founded in July, 1830 by Rev. Dr. Alexander Duff of the Church of Scotland and his fellow
missionaries like Rev. William Smith, with assistance from Raja Ram Mohan Roy, one of the great social reformers of our country.
The B.T. department for lady graduate students was started in 1934 at Lady Jane Dundas Hostel on Cornwallis Street with 35 women
"teacher trainees". The department was shifted to a three-storied building at 1 Urquhart Square in 1945. This was the only college
in north and central Calcutta, which offered the B.ED. course exclusively for women students. Owing to the growing demand from the
local people, the total number of seats was increased to 60 and then to 120 from 1981-82. At present, the total number of seats is
100. The department is affiliated to Calcutta University and recognized by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) and
National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2004. The College was also recognized as College with Potential for Excellence by
the UGC in 2006.
Our institutional mission and goal is to impart liberal education to women students and to produce intellectually sound, morally upright, socially concerned and spiritually oriented women who will serve not only the schools for which the course is designed but also the community at large, meeting the challenges of a rapidly changing world
Bachelor of Education Course :
The Department of Teacher Education offers the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) course of training for those who want professional
training in teaching and for the Secondary and Higher Secondary teachers deputed by the schools which are recognized by the West
Bengal Board of Secondary Education and West Bengal Madrasah Education Board, provided the deputation is sanctioned by the Government
of West Bengal.
To achieve the above objectives, the department not only arranges curriculum transaction through lectures but also provides tutorial classes, laboratory practical work, practical training in teaching through practice teaching in different schools, etc. Seminars, conferences and workshops are arranged and co-curricular activities are also regular features of the course.
Duration of the Course :
The duration of the B.Ed. programme is one academic year.
Eligibility for Applying (subject to modification as prescribed by the NCTE and Calcutta University) :
Following are the eligibility criteria for applying, as per NCTE :
- Candidates with at least 50% marks either in the Bachelor's Degree or in the Master's degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favour of the reserved categories shall be as per the .
rules of the concerned Government. [Source - NCTE norms (August,2009), Appendix -4].
NOTE: Candidates from other universities having studied a particular subject of 800 marks or more may declare themselves as Honours in that subject. Applicants of other universities will be considered as Pass candidates (not as Honours) unless otherwise specified.
|Broad Category||Method Subject||University||
(As On 01.07.2011)
|Category||Eligibility Marks i.e. % of marks at UG / PG|
|Deputed||Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Philosophy, Mathematics, Physical Science, Life Science, Economics, Education||Calcutta University / Other University||-||General||50%|
|Deputed||Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Philosophy, Mathematics, Physical Science, Life Science, Economics, Education||Distance Mode||-||General||45%|
|Non-Deputed||Bengali, English, Sanskrit, History, Geography, Philosophy, Mathematics, Physical Science, Life Science, Economics, Education||Calcutta University / Other University||35 years||General||50%|
Reservation of Seats :
- Other University:
- For applicants from universities other than Calcutta University - 5%
- Special Category: (Original supporting documents to be produced at the time of counselling / admission)
- SC - 22%
- ST - 06%
- Physically Handicapped - 03%
- Deputed teachers will have to fulfill all the conditions laid down in the relevant circulars of the Director of Public Instructions and submit all necessary papers & documents at the time of counselling / admission.
- Being a Christian Minority Institution, the College reserves some seats for Christian minority applicants. (Among Christian Applicants, preference is given to CNI/CSI/Marthoma candidates)
Fee Structure :
Fees to be paid at the time of admission.
|•||Freshers (Non-Deputed)||:||Rs. 11,505.00/-|
|» Additional Rs.500.00/- as lab charges for Geography / Physical Science / Life Science.|
Selection Procedure :
- For Deputed Candidates Only:
- Selection will be done on the basis of seniority.
- Candidates are to produce original & attested marksheets & certificates to prove candidature during counselling / admission along with -
- A No-Objection-Certificate (NOC) from the school authority.
- A Managing Committee resolution countersigned by D.I. of Schools.
- Approval letter from Govt. authority with date of appointment.
- For Non-Deputed Candidates Only:
- Age limit - 35 years (As on 01.07.2011).
- Original & Attested marksheets & certificates to prove candidature must be produced at the time of counselling / admission.
- Academic scores will be prepared using the following C.U. norms -
- For Madhyamik / Equivalent (Class X) and H.S. / Equivalent (Class XII) examinations total marks obtained should be taken into consideration for calculating % and NOT best of 5.
- If you are from Honours background, for calculating % consider the Maximum Marks & Obtained Marks for HONOURS SUBJECT only.
- (% of marks obtained at the Madhyamik / Equivalent level x 10) / 100.
- (% of marks obtained at the H.S. / Equivalent level x 10) / 100.
- (% of marks obtained at the Honours level x 30) / 100.
- (% of marks obtained at the Special Honours level x 20) / 100.
- (% of marks obtained at the Pass level x 10) / 100.
- (% of marks obtained at the Post Graduate level x 30) / 100.
- Being a Christian Minority Institution, the College reserves some seats for Christian minority applicants. (Among Christian Applicants, preference is given to CNI/CSI/Marthoma candidates).
Combination of Method Subjects :
Method Subject Selection
- Applicants must have studied both the Method subjects (chosen by her) at the UG level with a min. of 100 marks (that excludes Additional Compulsory of 50 marks).
- 1st Method -
- If applicant is an Hons. or a PG in a particular subject, then that becomes her 1st Method.
- Applicant may choose a 1st Method from any of the subjects she has studied in her UG (other than the Hons. subject) with a min. of 100 marks (that excludes Additional Compulsory of 50 marks). In that case she will NOT be considered a PG or Hons. Graduate.
- Applicant may choose her 2nd Method from any of the subjects she has studied in her UG with a min. of 100 marks (that excludes Additional Compulsory of 50 marks).
|1st Method||2nd Method|
|1.||Bengali||-||History / Education / Sanskrit / English|
|2.||English||-||Bengali / History / Philosophy / Economics|
|3.||Sanskrit||-||Bengali / Education / Philosophy|
|4.||History||-||Bengali / English / Geography|
|5.||Geography||-||Economics / History / Mathematics|
|6.||Philosophy||-||English / Sanskrit / Education|
|7.||Mathematics||-||Physical Science / Economics / Geography|
|8.||Physical Science||-||Mathematics / Life Science|
|9.||Life Science||-||Physical Science (Chemistry as pass in the graduation level)|
|10.||Economics||-||Geography / Mathematics / English|
|11.||Education||-||Bengali / Sanskrit / Philosophy|
»Practice Teaching for Philosophy & Education will be done in Bengali medium schools.
»Practice Teaching for other subjects (excluding Philosophy & Education) will be done in Bengali medium & English medium schools.
»Geography, Physical Science and Life Science will be considered as Lab-based subject.
If you have already applied and want to import data from your previous application click on the link below