|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Indramohan Mandal|
|Location||:||Habra, 24 Paraganas (N)|
|Affiliation(s)||:||West Bengal State University|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC) & National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC)|
|Department(s)||:||Arts & Science|
Courses Offered :
- B. Sc.(Hons)
- B. Sc.(Genl)
- Master Of Arts
- Master Of Science
Admission Capacity details
|Subject||Total Seat||GeneralÂ||SC 22%||ST 6%||PH 3%|
The college is included in the Universal membership scheme of studentsâ€™ health home. Accordingly there is a provision for the treatment of the ailing students through the studentsâ€™ Health Home. Facilities available in the Studentsâ€™ Health Home:
- » Consulting with general physicians as well as specialists in Eye, Dental, ENT, Surgery, Medicine, Skin, Psychiatry, Orthopaedics, Gynaecology, Neurology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery and Metabolic at free of cost.
- » Medicine at Rs. 2.00 per clinic.
- » X-Ray (ordinary) at Rs. 25.00.
- » X-Ray (Dental) at Rs. 10.00
- » Physiotherapy at Rs. 10.00
- » Pathology (Routine) at Rs. 5.00.
- » Pathology (special) at Rs. 20.
- » Spectacles at Rs. 40.00
- » ECG at Rs. 20.00.
- » EEG at Rs. 30.00.
- » Hospitalization at Rs.25.00.
- » Hospitalization for surgery at Rs. 75.00.
- » Bed Maintenance Charge Rs. 10.00 (daily).
- » For Medicine in the Hospital Rs. 2.00 (daily)
- » Minor operation (OPD) at Rs. 10.00.
- » Dressing at Rs. 5.00.
- » Injection at Rs. 3.00.
- » Duplicate Card at Rs. 2.00.
- » Triplicate Card at 5.00.
- » Tooth Extraction at Rs 15.00, Scelling at Rs. 10.00, Filling at Rs.5.00.
Sree Chaitanya College , a co-educational Undergraduate college affiliated to the University of Calcutta , was established on August 2 , 1956 in the picturesque village of Prafullanagar-Habra in the district of 24 Parganas(now north 24 Parganas) , nearly 40 kms from the city of Calcutta , to fulfil the academic needs of the students of Habra and its adjoining rural areas inhabited mainly by the refugees from the erstwhile East Pakistan Uprooted all on a sudden from their health and home , these hapless people , most of whom belonged to lower-middle class and poor families , had to struggle hard for their very subsistence . Many of them were educated . but others were not . But all of them realized that the only way to overcome their present miseries was to get their children properly educated , enabling them thereby to earn a respectable livelihood . What they needed for materialization of this dream was a Degree college in the area which would provide them the scope for higher education at an affordable cost . Some eminent personalities under the banner of Habra Siksha Parishad came forward . and Sree Chaitanya College came into being with the principal objective of empowering the economically disadvantaged displaced students of this sprawling rural area through quality education at the minimum cost.