|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Prabhas Ch. Samanta|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Kalyani|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||--|
- Three year degree course- Regular
- Honours Subject: Bengali, English, History, Urdu, Pol. Science, Geography, Philosophy, Education & Sanskrit.
- General subjects: Bengali, English, History, Urdu, Pol. Science, Geography, Philosophy, Education & Sanskrit
- Distance Education
- Two year Master Degree (K.U) : Bengali, English, History, Education
- Three year Degree course (Urdu Medium) : Moulana Azad National Urdu Universit (English, History, Urdu, Pol. Science)
- One year diploma course in Urdu language (NCPUL) under West Bengal Urdu Academy recommended by Human Resource Development Department of Secondary & Higher Education, Govt. of India.
Information not found.
Information not found.
Subhas Chandra Bose Centenary College, Lalbagh, Murshidabad was established on 12th August, 1998 as a co-educational institution with a view to catering to the academic needs of Higher education for the students of the sub divisional town, Murshidabad with its vast adjoining region. Though it has a long historical tradition and heritage, it is sad to comment that this area is educationally backward and this backwardness prevails among the minority, particularly the Muslims who are the largest part of the locality. Most of the students of this area are coming from marginal cultivators, land less laborers, bidi workers, masons etc. Basically they are living below poverty line. So considering the urge of higher education for them with all round development of this area some eminent educationists, administrators and personalities of different wings with the help of the common people of this locality took initiative in promoting a center of higher education at Lalbagh i.e Murshidabd town. For this purpose the first meeting was convened at SDO office on 25.02.97 with Sri Debabrata Das, Dy. Magistrate, WBCS as President and formed an organizing committee of 28 members and the then DM, Mr.Sourav Das, IAS, Sri Monoj Biswas, Sabhapati Panchayet Samity and Sri Madhabendu Dutta, Vice Chairman, Murshidabad Municipality were selected as president , Secretary and Treasurer respectively.
The college is situated at Lalbagh sub Division i.e. Murshidabad town the most historical place in India. It is constructed on the main road at the entrance of the town and very prominently placed near Bus stand, Murshidabad Railway Station and adjoining Murshidabad Sub Divisional Hospital. Our proud are Hazarduari Musium, Imambara, Motijhil and Katra Mosque etc.