|President||:||Mr. Lokman Molla|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Prof. Rafikul Islam|
|Location||:||Basanti, 24 Parganas (S)|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||--|
|B.A. (Bachelor of Arts)
Honours General Subject (any one Group)
Group Any one Group
|English, Bengali and Environment Studies are compulsory subject for all students of (Hons & Pass) B.A.|
NB:***** Reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as per West Bengal Govt. rules.
General Information for B. A. Admission
- Admission will be strictly on the basis of merit.
- The aggregate marks shall be calculated on the basis of best of four subjects. (Excluding ENVS).
- Candidates passed on and after 2011 are entitled for admission.
- The candidate must have passed the subjects in H.S which he /she has applied for in the first year of degree course.
- The merit list of all the departments will be published in June on college notice-board and in the college website (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The admission criteria 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject at the previous qualifying examination or 55% marks in the subject at the previous qualifying examination & for SC and ST candidates would be strictly maintained as per the guideline of University of Calcutta. The student have to score at least 40% marks in aggregate (best of four) or 40% marks in related subjects.
- The college follows the rules regarding reservation of seats for SC and ST candidates as per the order and notifications issued by the Govt. of West Bengal and Calcutta University, i.e. 22% for SC students and 6% for ST students and almost 3% for PH and 3% for Vocational and others board.
- Any anomaly and mistakes on filling up the admission form should be avoided. College authority will not be responsible for such mistakes.
- Candidates passed from distance course will be considered according to availability of seats.
- Documents to be submitted at the time of Admission :
- Duly filled in Admission Form.
- Two recent passport size Photographs.
- Proof of Date of Birth [attested copy of Admit Card of Madhyamik or equivalent Examination]. Original Certificates are to be produced at the time of admission.
- Attested Copy of Mark sheet of Higher Secondary or equivalent Examination.
- Attested Copy of SC/ST/PH Certificate is to be produced at the time of admission.
- Migration Certificate (in original) for a migrating student.
- Students getting transferred from other colleges are to produce original Transfer Certificates.
Information not found.
Information not found.
Sukanta College, affiliated to the University of Calcutta was established in the year 2008 at Bhangankhali,Basanti ,24 Pgs (s) as a general degree college with only Humanistic Arts Stream. The following subjects and course have been taught at the college : Bengali, English, Pol.Science, History, Education, Arabic, Sanskrit and Honours in Bengali, Pol. Science.We propose to open the Science stream within a couple of years after the completion of the College building.