|President||:||Dr. Haraprasad Samaddar|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Manas Kumar Adhikari|
|Location||:||Champahati, 24 Parganas (S)|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Department(s)||:||Arts, Commerce & Science|
Courses Offered :
|ECOG +MTMG +PLSG|
|Hons. Common Paper (Hons. & Gen) General|
|Accountancy - Hons.|
|General Course - B.Com.|
|ENGC, BNGM are Compulsory Subjects for all 1st year Students.|
Admission Criteria :
Admission in Honours and General subjects will be done strictly according to merit and seat availability.
For Honours and General Students
- ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. For application form the students are directed to visit our college website www.susilkarcollege.com. Online link will remain open from 4th June to 18th June.
- After the online submission, the students are directed to take a printout of the application form ( College copy + Student Copy) and deposit an application fee of 120/-.
- Application fee of Rs. 120/- is to be deposited to the college‚Äôs bank account no. 32572000874 at the STATE BANK OF INDIA, Champahati Branch, Champahati.
- The students have to submit the following documents to the college within 20th June,2013.
- Printout of the application form signed by the candidates themselves and a stamp sized photograph of the candidate pasted in the allotted space.
- College Copy and the Student Copy of the application form duly stamped by the bank.
- Attested photocopy of H.S. mark sheet.
- Attested photocopy of Madhyamik Admit card or of equivalent examinations.
- Photocopy of SC/ST/OBC certificate (obtained from SDO office) should be duly attested by the head of the institution last attended.
Online application only will not be considered valid for preparing the MERIT LIST.
- All originals of the Xeroxed documents must be produced during submission of the application form. On receiving the application form along with the relevant documents, the college will stamp the students‚Äô copy and hand it over to the candidate. The candidates are advised to retain it for future correspondence. The last date for submitting the printouts of the online application is 20th June, 2013.
- The merit list for all subjects will be published on the college website and notice board on 25.06.2013</li>
- Admission dates for Honours and General candidates will be published on the college website and notice board.
- All admission related information will be available on the website.
- General Guidelines
- Students who have obtained a minimum of 55% in subject, or 50% in aggregate along with 45% in subject, at the 10+2 level and have passed in English (a hundred marks paper) are eligible for applying for admission to the 1st year Hons. Class, subject to all C.U. rules.
- Candidates who have passed the 10+2 level examination with five subjects of which at least one shall be English, having full marks of 450 (four papers of hundred marks each + one paper of 50 marks) are also eligible to apply.
- For students qualifying from other Education Boards or Indian Universities, submission of migration certificate in original within one month from the date of admission in the college is compulsory. Otherwise his/her admission will be treated as cancelled.
- Students who have discontinued their studies once and wish to take it up again will have to submit a recommendation letter from a responsible, established member of the society. Such a letter must clearly state the reason for the gap in education and vouch for the candidate‚Äôs moral character.
- Separate application forms must be submitted for Honours and General Streams and the application fee must be deposited separately for each form.
- Specific Guidelines
- For admission in B.A./B.Sc/ B.Com (Hons. & General) subjects, the students must have pass marks at the H.S. level in the subjects applied for.
- To have Mathematics as a combination subject in BSc (H) and BSc(G) courses, the student must pass Mathematics at the 10+2 level.
- For Computer Science (CMSG), the student must have pass marks in Mathematics and Physics/ Computer Science/ Computer Application at the H.S. level.
- For Economics Hons. (ECOA), the student must have pass marks in Mathematics at the H.S. level.
- Students applying for B.Com courses must have passed Accountancy/ BO/ BEM/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Principals of Management.
- The merit list for honours students will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate of best four subjects. Marks of the compulsory subject Environmental Studies (ENVS) shall not be a valid subject to be considered in the Best of Four. However, marks for Environmental Science will be considered valid.
- For students applying for General courses the merit list shall be prepared on the basis of the Best of four subjects. Marks in ENVS as compulsory subject shall not be taken into account.
- Candidates coming from vocational stream shall not be considered for admission.
Subjects for both Honours and General courses will be offered as per merit and availability of seats. Seat availability of some of the subjects is as follows:
|Subjects||No. of seats|
|Bengali Hons. (BNGA)||95|
|English Hons. (ENGA)||30|
|History Hons. (HISA)¬†¬†||45|
|Pol.Sc Hons. (PLSA)¬†||45|
|Philosophy Hons. (PHIA)||35|
|Economics Hons. (ECOA)¬†||20|
|Accountancy Hons. (ACCA)¬†||70|
|Mathematics Hons. (MTMA)¬†||24|
|Education Gen. (EDCG)¬†||120|
|Physical Education Gen. (PEDG)¬†||120|
|Defence Studies Gen. (DFSG)¬†||300|
|Sanskrit Gen. (SANG)||120|
|Mathematics Gen. (MTMG)¬†||45|
|Physics Gen. (PHSG) ¬†||45|
|Chemistry Gen. (CEMG)||45|
|Computer Science Gen. (CMSG)¬†||45|
Reservation and Fee Structure :
- Reservation of seats for SC, ST, and OBC will be made as per Govt. rules.
- Aspiring Candidates with outstanding performance in Sports at the National level, State level or at least at the District level, will be given preference at the time of admission.
- Fees once deposited will not be refunded.
- After the publication of the merit list, students willing to take admission should collect the college fee book from the College office after submitting the students‚Äô copy of the application form.
- All fees are to be deposited to the A/C no. 32572000874, in favour of Susil Kar College, at State Bank of India, Champahati Branch, Champahati, Dist. South 24 Parganas.
- The fees payable at the time of admission is as follows:
Name of Course Amount (Rs.) B.A. General without DFSG 950.00 B.A. General with DFSG 1000.00 B.A. Hons. 1025.00 B.Com. General 980.00 B.Com. Hons. 1055.00 B.Sc. Pure (General) 1055.00 B.Sc. Hons. 1130.00 B.Sc. with ECOG and DFSG 1105.00
Students opting for SANG will have to make a one-time deposit (once in 3 years) of Rs. 1000/- and students opting for PEDG will have to make a one-time deposit (once in 3 years) of Rs. 2000/-.
- » N.S.S.
- » N.C.C.
- » Computer Training
- » Educational Tour
- » Scholarship
Progress of the human civilization is essentially measured by the knowledge it acquires. Whether it is Francis Bacon emphasizing the importance 'Of studies' or T.S. Eliot harping on the 'historical sense' - the formalised dissemination of knowledge has always been the index of the cultural evolution and sophistication of any community. More than four decades ago, Champahati, Ghoshpur (then a remote village), saw a son of the soil, late Shri Bijoly Bhushan Kar awaken to this need for the spread of education in his native place. To that effect, he donated about one acre of his ancestral land for the establishment of a college, in memory of his father, Late Shri Susil Kar. With the active and constructive support of like minded people like Late Doctor Durgapada Banerjee, Ex Head master Late Sushil Kumar Putatunda, Shri Ardhendu Adhikary, Late Dr. Tarapada Ghosh, Prof. Late Shri Sharat Ghosh, Shri Bidyut Sarkar, Shri. Bamandeb Majumdar, Late Dr. Bhabendranath Mondal, Late Bijoy Krishna Roy, Smt. Muktamala Kar among others, this visionary's dream materialised. On 5th Sept'1968, Susil Kar College began its journey as a Co-educational undergraduate degree college under the affiliation of the University of Calcutta.