|President||:||Dr. Debasish Dutta|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||--|
|Affiliation(s)||:||West Bengal University of Technology|
|Category||:||Undergraduate & Postgraduate|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Department(s)||:||Optometry & Vision Science|
- Bachelor in Optometry (B.OPTM) Course Structure (4 Years) :
First Semester Geometrical Optics (Optics-1) (BO-101) Physiology (General) (BO-102) Anatomy (General) (BO-103) Biochemistry (General & Ocular) (BO-104) Professional Communication in English (BO-105) Second Semester Physical Optics (Optics-11) (BO-201) Physiology (Ocular) (BO-202) Anatomy (Ocular) (BO-203) Environment and Ecology (BO-204) Computer Fundamentals & Programming (BO-205) Third Semester Visual Optics (Optics-Ill) (BO-301) Lighting and The Eye (BO-302) Microbiology & Pathology (General & Ocular) (BO-303) Pharmacology (General & Ocular) (BO-304) Ophthalmic& Optical Instrumentation & Procedure-I (BO-305) Fourth Semester Visual Optics (Optics-IV) (BO-401) Ophthalmic & Optical Instrumentation & Procedure-11 (BO-402) ClinicalRefraction-1(BO-403) Ocular Disease-I (Anterior Segment Disease) (BO-404) Ophthalmic Lens & Dispencing Optics (BO-405) Fifth Semester Binocular Vision & Ocular Motility (BO-501) Clinical Refraction-II (BO-502) Contact Lens-1 (BO-503) Ocular Disease-II (Posterior &Neuro-eye Disease) (BO-504) Low visual Aids & Visual Rehabilitation (BO-505) Sixth Semester Systemic Condition & The Eye (BO-601) Public Health & Community Optometry (BO-602) Contact Lens-11 (BO-603) Biostatistics (BO-604) Professional Practice (BO-605) Applied Optometry & Orthoptics (BO-606) Seventh Semester Clinical Optometry, Contact Lenses, L.V.A Project Work Report Diagnosis & Management of Ocular Disease Hospital Procedure Eighth Semester Public Health & Community Optometry (BO-881) Dispensing Optics & WOrkshop Practice (BO-882) Professional Practice Management Project Work Report Hospital Procedure, Patient Care & Rehabilitation
- Certificate Course In Ophthalmic Dispensing (6 months)
- Masters in Optometry (M.Optom)
Admission Procedure :
- Direct admission after 10+2 with minimum 50% marks in PCM / PCB
- The candidates will have to collect the prospectus and application form from the college after paying Rs. 1,000 in cash/ DD in favour of Vidyasagar College of Optometry & Vision Science. For outstation student Rs. 200/- extra as courier charges will be applicable.
- Informations regarding the collection & submission of application forms will be available at the college office.
- The following documents must be enclosed with the application form:
- Transfer and conduct certificate from leaving institution (Xerox).
- 4 copies recent passport size photograph duly signed on reversed.
- Xerox copy of Madhyamik & Higher Secondary admit cards along with mark sheet.
NOTE : Original documents must be produced at the time of admission. The college authority reserves the right to reject / grant any application without showing any reason/causes.
B.OPTM (4 YRS) Course:
Applicants must have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent examination with PCB / PCM combination & English as a compulsory subject for college. Application form with Brochure: Rs.1,000/- CET Form & WBUT brochure fee Rs. 700/- (General), Rs. 350/- (SC/ST) As per WBUT Rule.
Certificate Course In Ophthalmic Dispensing:
Fresh candidate interested in optical field, working opticians, passed out student in optometry (India & abroad)
Information not found
- » Well Equipped Classrooms
- » Library and Resource Center
- » Internship and Practical Training Centers
- » Placement Cell
- » Sports Facilities
- » Co-Curricular Activities
- » Laboratories
Vidyasagar College of Optometry and Vision Science (VCOVS) is a pioneer institute in eastern India since 2001. It is a non-profit, non government organization registered under the Society Registration Act (1961), Government of West Bengal. VCOVS started its journey in 2001 as the only University affiliated college in West Bengal, which was exclusively for graduate programme in Optometry. VCOVS is affiliated to West Bengal University of Technology (WBUT) and approved by All India Council of Tecnical Education (AICTE). From a small seed, VCOVS has now grown into a full tree with high tech infrastructure & own clinical set-up. VCOVS is now successfully running its Optometric Eye Hospital & Vision Research center in its own campus. The institute is blessed with efficient & dedicated faculties, excellent infrastructure & specialty clinics that produce skilled optometrists who provides eye care services.
|Address||:||Vidyasagar College of Optometry & Vision Science,
220, Hossenpur, Kolkata-700107
(E.M. Bye pass near Kalikapur bridge)
|Phone||:||033 24432542 / 4412, +91 9830380224, +91 9830773305|
|Fax||:||+91 33 2443 2542|
»View Larger Map