Bethune College - Undergraduate Admission Important College Rules 2021
Bethune College, Kolkata
Undergraduate Admission Important College Rules 2021
Some important College Rules
- End Semester Examinations will be held for 80% of the total marks in each paper and Internal Assessment shall be for 20% of the total marks of each paper/subject/module. 50% of the total marks assigned to Internal Assessment (i.e., 10 marks for a full paper of 100 or 5 marks for a Module of 50, as the case may be) will be assessed on the basis of Internal Examination and remaining 50% will be assessed based on the class attendance (No marks for below 60% attendance, 6 marks for attending 60% or above but less than 75% of the number of lectures delivered; 8 marks for attending 75% or above but less than 90% of the number of lectures delivered; and 10 marks for attending 90% or above of lectures delivered and such attendance will be calculated from the date of commencement of classes or date of admission whichever is later).
Students with attendance below 60% cumulatively in all courses in a semester are not eligible to appear in that end Semester Examination.
- It is mandatory to attend online classes whenever arranged by the departments due to various reasons.
- If a student remains absent continuously for more than ten days without a valid reason and without prior permission or intimation her name may be struck off from the college register.
- Parents/Guardians are expected to attend Parent-Teacher Meetings arranged by the Department/College time to time.
- Students of Botany and Zoology Honours are required to participate in compulsory excursion as per University curriculum.
- Every student must carry her Identity card (to be issued after admission) inside the college campus. Loss of identity card should be immediately reported to the authority.
- Students are not allowed to use MOBILE PHONES during Class Lecture and Practical Classes.
- Students are expected to show polite and respectful behavior to the teachers, nonteaching staff and fellow students
- Students are expected to be decently dressed within the College campus.
- College property, furniture, laboratory equipment, glassware, library books etc. must be handled with utmost care.
- Students are required to check the Departmental & Students’ Notice Board, and College Website regularly.
- RAGGING in any form is a punishable offence. Any incidence of RAGGING should be immediately brought to the notice of the Authority.