TAMIL NADU COMMON ENTRANCE TEST (Anna University) [TANCET]
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 application form on the official website - tancet.annauniv.edu. The last date for state-level entrance exam applications is 12th February, 2021, 05:00 pm. The state-level entrance exam TANCET 2021 will be conducted on 20th & 21st March , 2021. It will be carried out offline or in pen-and-paper mode at various centres across Tamil Nadu.
- Applications for Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2021 conducted by Anna University, Chennai on behalf of the Government of Tamil Nadu from candidates who seek admission to M.B.A., M.C.A. and M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. Degree Programmes for the academic year 2021-2022 offered at University Departments, University Colleges of Engineering, Regional Campuses of Anna University, Annamalai University, Government and Government Aided Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges) and Self-financing Colleges (Engineering, Arts & Science Colleges including stand-alone Institutions) in Tamil Nadu can be registered only through Online. Some Universities and Self-Financing Engineering Colleges may also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of score obtained in TANCET 2021. Other State candidates can appear for the entrance test, but the eligibility conditions will be stipulated by the admitting authority / University.
- Depending the postgraduate course, TANCET 2021 will be conducted in shifts. The MBA and MCA entrance exams are scheduled on 20th March , 2021, while the test for ME, MTech, MArch and MPlan is scheduled on 21st March, 2021.
- The MCA entrance exam shall be conducted from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm while the MBA entrance exam shall take place from 2:30 pm to 4:30 pm. For the science and engineering postgraduate courses, TANCET 2021 shall take place from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
TANCET 2021 - Important Dates
|Commencement of Registration of Application
||19th January, 2021 - 10:00 AM
|Last date for Registration of Application
||12th February 12, 2021 - 5.00 PM
|Checking Final Status of Application
||17th February, 2021
|Downloading of Hall Tickets
||05th March, 2021
|Announcement of Results
||On or Before 16th April, 2021
|Downloading of Mark Sheets
||On or Before 20th April, 2021
TANCET 2021 - Steps to be followed for Registration
- Click the TANCET Registration link.
- Click the Register Button
- Provide the required information and press Submit button.
- Now, it directs to payment page. Make payment online. Follow the instructions. Those who wish to avail fee concession under SC/ST/SCA categories from TAMIL NADU, must upload your community certificate, which are subject to scrutiny; and if found wrong, the application will be rejected. Those who do not have the required certificate can opt for skip option while uploading community certificate, and in that case the candidate has to make full payment.
- On successful payment, it directs to pages related to other relevant details required for the examination. Follow the instructions and enter the details.
- At the end, it asks for the confirmation of the details provided. Now, verify the details and confirm.
- On confirming the details, it directs to a page where you can take printout of your application. Take printout of the application for your reference.
- The registration is successfully completed only if you are able to take the printout of your application. Otherwise, check the status of your application and proceed as instructed.
TANCET 2021 - Important Note
- Providing wrong information in the application may lead to disqualifying the candidate from TANCET 2021.
- Remember your registered email, registered mobile number and the password till downloding the score card.
- Do not make separate registration if you wish to include your name for the additional examination after your first registration. In such cases, the candidate is advised to use the Status Check & Additional Examination link, so that new examination detail will be added to the already registered application. For instance, if the candidate already registered for MCA and later wish to add ME/MBA, the additional course link is to be used. If you have added any examination particulars, you are advised to take a printout of the application again using status check link.
- You can obtain TANCET 2020 question booklet from the Centre for Entrance Examinations at the cost of Rs.25/- (by DD or cash) per booklet. Those who wish to get the question booklet by post, contact the centre through phone.
TANCET 2021 - Documents and Particulars required for Registration
- Valid email-ID and mobile number. Provide only your currently used email and mobile number, as this office communicates only through email/mobile.
- Tenth Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Twelth Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing.
- Diploma Registration/Roll Number and Year of Passing, if you are a diploma holder.
- A passport photo of good quality in jpg format.
TANCET 2021 - Recommended image size: Height: 200 px to 300 px. Width: 150 px to 300 px
- Copy of community certificate in pdf format, for those who belong to SC/ST/SCA.
- Image of your signature in jpg format
TANCET 2021 - Signature should be in black or blue ink with white background.
Recommended size: Height: 60 px to 80 px. Width: 150 px to 200 px.
- Particulars required for online payment.
Examination - Dates & Timings
- M.C.A - 20th March, 2021 Saturday (10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
- M.B.A - 20th March, 2021 Saturday (02.30 PM To 04.30 PM)
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch. / M.Plan. - 21st March, 2021 Saturday (10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon)
For Queries - Contact
- Post - The Secretary (TANCET) Centre for Entrance Examinations Anna University, Chennai 600025
- Phone - +91-44-22358289 (10.00 AM to 6.00 PM on working days)
- E-Mail - directorentrance[at]gmail[dot]com