Top 5 Engineering Entrance Exams of 2021
- Engineering is one of the most favourite career options in India after class 12 science. Here are the top 5 engineering entrance exams of 2021 with important dates.
- Engineering is one of the most favourite career options in India after class 12 science. Engineering is a stream of education that involves the application of science, technology and mathematics. Engineering offers a range of career opportunities across all industries, not only in India but abroad as well.
- There are a number of engineering entrance exams after class 12 which are conducted at the national, state and institutional levels. Lakhs of candidates appear for various engineering entrance exam every year due to which the competition is getting tougher each year.
Here are the top 5 engineering entrance exams
JEE (Main) - Joint Entrance Exam (JEE)
- The joint entrance exam (JEE) is very popular for the engineering entrance exam in India.
- JEE mains is the gateway for admission to IIT's, NIT's and many other engineering colleges.
The JEE is held in two stages:
- JEE( Main)
- JEE (Advanced)
- Once you clear JEE mains, you are eligible for JEE Advanced and the 2021 dates for same are not announced yet.
- For the first time in 2021, the JEE Main exams will be conducted in four sessions, in different months.
- Session 1 : 23rd February, 2021 to 26th February, 2021
- Session 2 : 15th March, 2021 to 18th March, 2021
- Session 3 : 27th April, 2021 to 28th April, 2021
- Session 4 : 24th May, 2021 to 28th May, 2021.
- The registration for JEE mains started on Dec 16, 2020 and will end on Jan 23, 2021.
- JEE mains 2021 will be held online for 90 MCQ's carrying 300 marks
BITSAT 2021 - Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test
- The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test is conducted by Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS) Pilani.
- BITSAT 2021 is a computer-based online test for providing admission to integrated first-degree programmes to offer at BITS, Pilani campus in Pilani, Goa and Hyderabad.
- Candidates who have passed their class 12 examination with an aggregate of 75 per cent marks in PCM are eligible to apply.
- BITSAT 2021 will be a 3-hour long computer-based test having 150 multiple-choice questions.
- The syllabus of the exam is based on classes 11 and 12.
- There are 5 sections which include physics, chemistry, mathematics, English and logical reasoning.
- The registration for BITSAT 2021 has started from the third week of December 2020 and the last date for registration will be in the second week of March 2021.
- BITSAT 2021 dates are yet to be announced.
VITEEE 2021 - Vellore Institute of Technology
- VITEEE is conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology for admission to its BTech programme.
- Selection is based on the rank secured by CBT/qualify exam mark.
- VITEEE 2021 will be held online.
- The registration process has started from November 30, 2020 and the last date to apply is March 30, 2021.
- VITEEE 2021 dates are yet to be announced for VITEEE 2021 but will be held in between April 2nd to 3rd week of April, 2021.
SRMJEE 2021 - SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology conducts SRMJEE for admission to BTech programmes offered by its campus in Kattankulathar, Ramapuram, Vadapalani and Delhi NCR.
- The online registration of the exam form have started from December 12, 2020 and the last date to fill the application form is March 31, 2021.
- Duration of the exam is 2 hour and 30 minutes.
- The exam comprises of 125 multiple choice questions of 125 marks.
- One mark will be provided for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answer.
- There are 5 sections in the exam which includes physics, chemistry, maths, English and aptitude.
WBJEE 2021 - West Bengal Joint Entrance Exam
- West Bengal Joint Entrance exam is a state government controlled centralised test which is conducted by the West Bengal for admission to many private and government engineering institutions in West Bengal.
- WBJEE will release the application form of WBJEE 2021 in the last week of January 2021 and the last date to apply for the same will be in the month of February 2021.
The marking scheme of WBJEE 2021 is divided into three categories.
- Category 1 will be of 1 mark each and loss of 1/4 mark for every incorrect answer.
- Category 2 will be of 2 marks each and loss of 1/2 for every incorrect answer.
- Category 3 will be 2 marks each and no negative marking for incorrect answer. The exam will be of 200 marks.
- It is important that students should choose the right engineering entrance test so that they get the best institute which can help them to build their bright future.