CBSE Board Exam 2020 - Supreme Court [SC] Asks Board to Cancel Exams, HRD Ministry to Announce Final Decision Soon
[Published on: 17.06.2020]
As the Supreme Court has asked CBSE Board to cancel all pending exams, HRD Ministry has formed a panel of discussion and will announce the decision by the end of this week.
- As parents have been posting running campaigns on social media against CBSE Board for conducting the pending exams, the Supreme Court of India has instructed the board to consider canceling the pending board exams for class 10 and 12 students.
- Coronavirus cases in India are already rising with each passing day. Therefore, the Supreme Court has asked the CBSE board to consider passing students using their internal assessment marks. The petition against CBSE Board has been filed by parents as the exams are causing a threat to the safety of students. However, the exams were scheduled to be held from 1st July to 15th July, 2020.
Parents filled petition against CBSE exams in SC
- In a Supreme Court plea filled against CBSE exams, the parents have been asking the board to declared CBSE Class 10 and 12 exams on the basis of internal assessment and let students resume their academic activities.
HRD Minister review meeting with CBSE Board
- As the parents are showing discomfort in sending their children to take CBSE Board exams amid coronavirus crisis, Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal held a review meeting with CBSE Board officials and National Testing Agency (NTA), which conducts entrance exams for colleges.
- The review meeting panel is yet to announce any update regarding CBSE Board exams. However, they discussed future prospects of online education and participation made by institutions.
- After the intervention of the Supreme Court, the authorities will discuss and share the final decision about CBSE Class 10 and 12 board exams by the end of this week.