CBSE Board Exams for classes 10th & 12th Cancelled will Conduct when Condition Conducive - CBSE to SC
[Published on: 25.06.2020]
The pending CBSE board exams for classes 10, 12 have been cancelled for now. CBSE Class 12 board exams are now optional and may be conducted when the Covid-19 situation improves.
- As per the latest CBSE news, the Solicitor General has told the Supreme Court to cancel the pending CBSE board exams scheduled in July. The pending CBSE board exams for classes 10, 12 have been cancelled for now. It may be conducted when the Covid-19 situation improves.
- CBSE has decided to cancel the CBSE class 10 exams completely, while the CBSE class 12 exams are now optional. In case the CBSE class 12 board exams are carried out when the Covid-19 situation gets better, these students can choose to appear for the CBSE board exams at that time.
- Delhi, Maharashtra and Odisha conveyed their inability to conduct the examinations following which the solicitor general told SC that the pending CBSE board exams for classes 10 and 12 scheduled between July 1 and July 15 were now cancelled.
- This decision will affect the fate of around 30 lakh students who had been waiting for a concrete decision from CBSE for months.
CBSE class 12 exams optional
- After a group of parents had approached the apex court for the cancellation of the CBSE exams due to the rising cases of Covid-19, Supreme Court gave the order to cancel the pending CBSE exams because of the safety issue that is going to be created.
- CBSE asked for time till Thursday, June 25, to give a final decision, and now it has stated that the CBSE board exams will be entirely cancelled for class 10 students but that class 12 students could appear for the CBSE board exam in an optional manner.
- Those who choose to not appear for the exams will be evaluated on the basis of their internal assessments and the marks in their past three exams -- this is as per a latest scheme formulated by CBSE for the current situation.
- CBSE Class 12 students will have the option to OPT for the board exams to be conducted later whenever the conditions are conducive.
CBSE board exam 2020 results for class 10 to be declared soon
- At the Supreme Court hearing, the petitioner stated that since majority of the papers had already been conducted and only one or two papers were left, the CBSE board exams results 2020 should be declared as soon as possible for class 10.
- The CBSE class 10 board exam results are expected by July 15 now. Class 10 students will be assessed only on the basis of internal assessment marks.
Fresh CBSE notification tomorrow
- A CBSE notification will be released by tomorrow with the details on the internal assessment scheme and a timeline for the whole process to declare the CBSE board exam 2020 results.
- The notification will clarify the option between internal assessment and exam in detail, and give a status on the CBSE board exam result 2020 date.
- It will also clarify the status of state board exams.
- CBSE will submit a fresh draft notification and affidavit tomorrow morning to Supreme Court.
- A Supreme Court hearing has been scheduled at 10:30 am on Friday for the same.
ICSE exams cancelled
- Even though ICSE had made appearing for the ICSE 12th exams optional for students across India, that option has now been scrapped.
- The internal assessment system will be followed to declare the ICSE board exam results for classes 10 and 12. No option is now available for students to appear for the board exams.