CBSE, ICSE Class 10th & 12th Exams to be Postponed in Maharashtra
[Published on: 05.06.2020]
Amid cyclone Nisarga and coronavirus crisis, Maharashtra requests CBSE, ICSE boards to conduct pending Class 10th & 12th exams later.
- CBSE and ICSE Board Exam 2020 : Maharashtra board is releasing updated and modified information about conducting or not conducting Class 10th and 12th exams. Amid coronavirus crisis and cyclone Nisarga, the state is still managing necessary activities. While other states are conducting CBSE and ICSE Board Exams, Maharashtra is not yet prepared to conduct pending exams. Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray has written a letter to CBSE and ICSE boards to postpone the exams.
- CBSE and ICSE boards have already declared that they will conduct the pending board exams in July. Moreover, the state has recommended the boards on passing students on the basis of internal assessment. Indeed, the state has been facing a large number of Covid-19 cases.
Reasons corroborating the letter
- Apart from cyclone Nisarga and the rising number of coronavirus cases, there would be transportation problems as monsoon has reached the state.
- Therefore, the internal assessment could be a better alternative in this time.
CBSE and ICSE Exams
- As per the directives given by the government, a revised datesheet has been released for pending board exams. The pending board exams will be held from 1st to 15th July, 2020.
- Moreover, students who would not be in a position to take exams during this time would later be invited to take compartmental or supplementary exams.
- There are high chances in states which cannot conduct the exams that candidates will be promoted on the basis of internal assessment marks.