IIT, Guwahati - Launch Online M.Tech. Programme in Computer Science & Engineering
[Published On : 30.05.2020]
The primary focus of the programme is on working professionals in the IT sector, who have the need to update their knowledge and would like to get a higher degree.
- The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIT) Guwahati will start an online two-year M Tech programme in computer science and engineering from August this year to equip the youth with knowledge and skills for emerging technologies in the post-Covid scenario.
- The primary focus of the programme is on working professionals in the IT sector, who have the need to update their knowledge and would like to get a higher degree, an IIT Guwahati release said on Friday.
- In view of the changing environment, the programme is also open to fresh graduates, who may be reluctant to spend time on a campus far away from home amid the pandemic, it said.
- "The same lectures will be given both to on-campus students and online students. There will be no difference in the standards and evaluation methods," the release said.
Examinations to be held online
- The institute will select an online system through which examinations will be conducted. Noting that the fourth industrial revolution refers to how technologies such as artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles and the internet of things are merging with the physical lives of citizens, IIT G said these emerging technologies can drive future solutions for India's large- scale developmental challenges.
- "In the post-Covid world, imparting the knowledge and skills that can empower India's youth to deploy these solutions will require a new approach to higher education with a focus on online learning," the release added.