UPSC Civil Services Prelims Date Delayed, 2020
- UPSC Civil Services Prelims exam dates would be announced after June 5 when the situation is once again reviewed by commission- Candidates are worried about less time available for the Mains exam-Experts advise.
- Union Public Service Commission, UPSC released notification yesterday that the Civil Services Prelims exam dates would be announced after June 5 when the situation is once again reviewed following the Lockdown 4.0. The candidates are now worried as the dates for the Mains exam if not shifted might lead to the lesser preparation time for them.
- The UPSC Civil Services prelims exam was supposed to be conducted on May 31, 2020 and has now been deferred till further notice. The commission would release the notice on June 5, 2020 now.
- Following the earlier trends, one can say that the dates notice would be released at least a month before the exam dates, and the admit cards must reach the students at least 20 days prior to the exams. However nowhere UPSC has mentioned this to be a practice. The UPSC Civil Services Exam consists of 3 parts. The preliminary test, the Mains exam and the Personality test that is the Interview. This year UPSC Interviews of 2019 exam has also been postponed till further notice
Will there be lesser time for Mains ?
- One cannot say that UPSC would extend the Mains exam dates too according to the Preliminary Test. The Civil Services Mains exam is supposed to commence on September 18, 2020. The dates have not been moved or there has been no announcement by UPSC for the postponement of Mains exam. The candidates for now must believe that the dates would not be shifted and keep the preparations on for the date mentioned in the calendar.
UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam 2020: What Experts advise -
- According to a leading faculty in a well-known coaching institute in Delhi, the students must not read much into the delay. As per him, UPSC gives enough time for the candidates to gel with the changes made. This has been the past record. But he also advised students not to panic by the delay caused and loosen their preparation. "The students for the Mains exam will have time. The candidates can prepare for the exams well within that time," he said.
- The delay has once happened in 2013 when the UPSC pattern was the point of discussion but even then the students were provided with the proper time. The Mains exam was delayed by a month and was conducted in December 2013 then. But if this will happen even this time, one cannot say. The students are thus advised to keep their preparations uptight and not lose focus.
- "Management of time is the basic fundamental in Mains Exams. The students now that they have extra time can start writing one answer from previous papers in a day," said the head faculty of International Relations from Delhi University. "This way their practice would bring improvement in speed and facts both," she added.
- The aspirant's put all their time and money while preparing for the topmost examination of India. They must now not ease themselves or must not excite themselves too much as the dates have been now postponed again. The speculation may lead to an uncalm mind which would be troublesome for preparation. the candidates also must not believe in any other sources other than official sources from the Commission for regular updates.