CBSE Class 10th & 12th Board Exams 2021 Results - Pre-boards, Previous Exams Performance likely to be Considered | College Admission
[Published on: 16.06.2021]
CBSE Class 10th & 12th Board Exams 2021 Results
- CBSE Class 12 Board students, awaiting their result, could be judged on their previous performances such as pre-boards and Class 10 and 11 scores.
- According to the circular for CBSE Class 10 issued on May 1, schools would form committees with principals and teachers on board to assign marks. The marks allowed traditionally as per internal assessment were allowed again to be assigned the same way. For the rest, it was decided that weightage would be given to periodic tests, half-yearly exams and the pre-board exams.
- However, different schools could have different marking standards. So, to eliminate the possibility of dicey results, the CBSE has asked schools to moderate their results on the basis of their own performance in previous board examinations. However, schools have also been asked to maintain records and CBSE would also verify that they followed the processes.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has formed a committee under Education Ministry Joint Secretary Vipin Kumar for the assessment of marks for Class 12 students - which could be on the lines of the assessment criteria for the class 10 board students. The committee has most likely decided to zero in on the performance in previous exams as a key factor in deciding the results.
- Schools have been asked to judge students on the basis of their past performance from three years and choose the year when they did best. This year will be used as the reference point.
- Say, for instance, if students of a school scored on an average 89% mark in the reference year, the performance would be the reference point for evaluating them.
- Earlier, a senior government official, had, however, said that while the class X template would be “helpful”, it would be premature to assume that the same model would be copied and pasted.“There could be some variations,” said the official.
- The CBSE had cancelled the class 10 and class 12 board exams amid the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic.