CLAT 2021 Exam to be Held Soon - Check Details Here
[Published on: 07.05.2021]
CLAT Exams 2021 :
- The consortium of National Law Universities is going to decide on holding the CLAT 2021 examination soon.
- Previously, The CLAT exam was scheduled to be held on May 9, 2021, but was postponed to June 13, 2021, in view of increasing Covid-19 cases across the country.
- An official notice was released on April 19, 2021, the Consortium said the Covid-19 situation is currently being supervised and a decision will be taken in the first week of May.
CLAT Exams 2021 : Official notice
- The official notification states, “All applicants of CLAT-2021 are hereby informed that the Consortium of National Law Universities is monitoring the Covid-19 pandemic situation and will take stock of the situation in the first week of May 2021 regarding the date of the test.”
- “Notification will be issued on the website of Consortium subsequently,” reads the notification issued by the Convenor.
- It also added, “The applicants are advised not to panic at this stage as the Consortium shall be taking appropriate steps as time and situation demand and shall keep the applicants updated accordingly.”
CLAT Exams 2021 : Eligibility criteria
- Students who have appeared for Class 12 board exams in 2020 or will appear this year are eligible to apply for CLAT.
- Candidates are required to score a minimum of 45 percent marks or equivalent in the qualifying examination. Candidates belonging to the SC and ST will need 40 percent marks.
- For LLM admissions, candidates must have an LLB degree with 50 percent marks or its equivalent. Five percent relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates.
CLAT Exams 2021 : About CLAT
- CLAT is held for admission to five-year integrated LLB and LLM programmes at participating institutions. A total of 22 National Law Universities (NLUs) consider CLAT scores for admission to BA LLB, BSc LLB, BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSW LLB, and LLM programmes.