Gujarat Class 12th Board Exams 2021 to Start From 1st July With Covid-19 Protocols | College Admission
[Published on: 26.05.2021]
Gujarat Class 12 Board Exams 2021
- The government of Gujarat has taken the final decision regarding the conduction of the upcoming Class 12 board exams 2021. The government has decided that the exams will not be cancelled and will begin from July across the state.
- The Gujarat Class 12 board exams for both general and Science streams will be conducted from July 1 with all Covid-19 protocols in place for the safety of students and teachers at the exam centre, the Gujarat government announced on Tuesday.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani, who chaired a high-level meeting on the issue, took the decision in the larger interest of over 6.83 lakh students, said Education Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama. A detailed exam schedule will be announced in the next few days.
- As many 1.40 lakh students of the science stream and 5.43 lakh pupils of the general stream (arts and commerce) of the Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board (GSHSEB) are expected to write the exam commencing from July 1, said the minister.
Safety measures for Class 12 board exams
- The government of Gujarat has decided to put several Covid-19 safety measures in place to reduce the risk of infection among the students and teachers present at the examination centre. The detailed guidelines will be mentioned on the date sheet as well.
- To maintain social distancing in view of the coronavirus outbreak, only 20 students will be accommodated in one exam hall, said Mr Chudasama, adding all SOPs related to the pandemic will be strictly followed during the test.
- Since only 20 students will be accommodated in one hall, the state government will increase the number of exam centres as well as rooms for this year's exam, he said. Moreover, students will be allotted exam centres that are nearer to their residence to avoid travel, the minister said.
- If a student misses the exam due to coronavirus, he or she will be allowed to reappear after 25 days with a new set of question papers, he said. Notably, the state government had earlier cancelled the state board exam for Class 10 students in view of the recent surge in coronavirus cases and granted them mass promotion.