High Level Meeting to Discuss Conduct of Class 12th Board, Professional Exams Tomorrow
[Published on: 21.05.2021]
High-level meeting to discuss conduct of Class 12 board
- A high-level virtual meeting will be convened tomorrow, May 23 with all the States/UT Education Ministers, Education Secretaries, and Chairpersons of State Examination Boards and stakeholders to discuss the proposals for the conduct of exams for Class 12 and entrance examinations for professional courses.
- The meeting will be chaired by Union Defence Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh in the presence of Union Minister for Education Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal 'Nishank', Union Minister for Women and Child, Smriti Zubin Irani and Union Minister Information and Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar.
- In a letter written by the Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ to States/UTs, he has stated that the Department of School Education & Literacy, Ministry of Education and CBSE are exploring options regarding the conduct of examinations, keeping in mind the safety and security of the students and the teachers.
- The Department of Higher Education is also deliberating upon the finalisation of the dates of examinations for institutions of higher learning, while students and parents are constantly pushing for the cancellation of exams for this academic session.
Class 12, entrance exams postponed
- The letter has noted that the Covid-19 pandemic has affected various areas including the education sector, particularly the board exams and entrance exams. In view of the prevailing situation, almost all the State Education Boards, CBSE, and ICSE have postponed their Class 12 examinations, 2021.
- Similarly, the National Testing Agency (NTA) and other national exam conducting institutions have also postponed the entrance exams for admissions to professional courses.
- As the conduct of Class 12 examinations impacts upon state board exams and other entrance exams across the country, and to reduce uncertainty among students, it is desirable that a considered decision based on the input of different State Governments and UT Administrations are taken about Class 12 CBSE examinations in the interest of all the students across the country.
- Pokhriyal has also sought input from all the stakeholders — students, parents, teachers, and others through Twitter.