Uttar Pradesh Govt Cancels Class 12th Board Exams 2021 | College Admission
[Published on: 03.06.2021]
Uttar Pradesh govt cancels GSEB Class 12 Board Exams 2021
- UP Board Exam 2021 for Class 12 have been cancelled by the Uttar Pradesh state government today, on June 3, 2021. The announcement has been made by the Uttar Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Dinesh Sharma. The decision to scrap UP Class 12 Intermediate Exams 2021 was taken today by the CM in a high level meeting. Earlier, CM Yogi Adityanath had welcomed the decision of Centre to cancel the board examinations for CBSE Class 12 students.
- As for the pending UP Board 12th Exams 2021, Education Minister Dinesh Sharma had stated earlier that the decision would be taken only in the second week of July. Speaking on the development of cancellation of the Class 12 exam, Sharma earlier said that they would be conducting a meeting with Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath soon. But the decision has finally come and the UP 12th Intermediate Board Exams 2021 have been cancelled.
- The complete official notice on UP 12th Intermediate Board Exams 2021 is still being awaited. The board had earlier asked all the affiliated schools to upload the marks of class 11 and class 12 internal exams. Approximately, 26 lakh candidates have registered for alone class 12 UP Board Exam 2021.
- Earlier, Central Board of Secondary Education, CBSE Class 12 Exams 2021 were cancelled. Announcing the decision, PM Modi shared that the safety of the students cannot be ignored. He also stated that no student should be forced to appear for the examination in such circumstances and hoped for sensitivity from all stakeholders.
- While the Centre has left the decision on state boards with the state, the decision on CBSE board exams had a ripple effect across the country. UP Board is the largest board in the country with nearly 60 lakh students and over 26 lakh students in Class 12 alone. Students must note that UP Board Exam 2021 for class 12 has been cancelled now. The decision was taken today in a high level meeting chaired by CM Yogi Adityanath. However, the evaluation criteria for UP Class 12 Intermediate Exams 2021 will be announced soon by the board.