Calcutta University - Recommends Offline Exams [UG & PG] 2022 | College Admission
[Published on: 23.05.2022]
Calcutta University - Recommends Offline Exams [UG & PG] 2022
- Calcutta University - appointed recommendation panel has given a decision on the offline mode of exams. However, the university will be consulting with the affiliate colleges before the final decision. Vice-Chancellor Sonali Chakrabarty Banerjee said in a statement that chairpersons of the undergraduate boards of studies and members of the PG faculty councils separately recommended favour of offline tests at the undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) levels.
- "A meeting will be held with the principals of the affiliated colleges on 27th May 2022 for their views on the mode of examinations," she said. All these views and recommendations will be placed before the Syndicate on 3rd June 2022 for final consideration, she said.
PROTESTS IN KOLKATA OVER OFFLINE UNIVERSITY EXAMS
- Earlier, Jadavpur University and Rabindra Bharati University announced to conduct offline exams at UG and PG levels.
- Students from Rabindra Bharati University protested at the B.T. Road campus against the decision to hold an offline examination. However, the university refused to accept the demands raised by the students and asked them to write their exams in offline mode.
- Kalyani University has announced holding the exams on online mode.
- Due to the pandemic, semester exams in the last two years had to be held in online mode in different higher educational institutions and the students were demanding in RBU and earlier in JU that the semester exams be held in a similar fashion this year as they had not been able to attend in-person classes (offline) before hand and could not memorise the entire curriculum.