West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education [WBCHSE] Class 12th Exams New Dates Announced
[Published on: 03.06.2020]
The state education minister Partha Chatterjee has on Tuesday announced that the remaining papers will be held on 2nd, 6th, 8th July, 2020.
- West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) has again postponed the class 12 exam date. As per the announcement, the Class 12th exam will now commence on 2nd July, 2020.
- Chatterjee said the exams will start on 2nd July, 2020 instead of the earlier announced date of 29th June, 2020.
- "So instead of 6th July, 2020 the last date of the higher secondary exams will now be 8th July, 2020," the minister said.
- The higher secondary examinations for most of the subjects have been conducted from 13th March to 21st March, 2020.
- The examinations scheduled on 23rd, 25th, 27th March, 2020 were postponed due to national lockdown announced by the prime minister of India Narendra Modi to contain the coronavirus outbreak. Now the lock down has been extended and there is no possibility of opening the school before 30th June, 2020 the state govt has decided to conduct the remaining examination after the lockdown lifted i.e., after 30th June, 2020.
- The subjects for which the exams were postponed are Physics, Nutrition, Education, Accountancy, Chemistry, Economics, Journalism, Sanskrit, Persian, Arabic, French, Statistics, Geography, Costing and Taxation, Home Management and Family Resource Management.
- The higher secondary examinations were scheduled to be conducted from 13th March to 21st March, 2020, this year when the country went under lockdown due to COVID19. The board exams were cancelled throughout the country following the pandemic outbreak and now as the situation has turned a little conducive the dates are being announced.