West Bengal Under Graduate Course Online Admission for the Academic Session 2020-2021 | Notification
[Published on: 16.07.2020]
Online admission for the Academic Session 2020 2021 to all UG 2020 Courses
The results of the west bengal higher secondary examination 2020 are excepted to be announced shortly. The Department has received queries from different colleges regarding the admission modalities to be followed by them for the ensuring academic session 2020-2021.
Considering the success achieved in the online admission process, and in view of the fact that the requisite infrastructure has already been put in place in the State's Higher Education Institutions, it is hereby informed to be all concerned that admissions to all Under Graduate Courses (Honours & General) in the state-funded higher education Institutions in west bengal for the ensuing academic session 2020-2021 will be made online [stand alone mode] w.e.f 10th August, 2020 as per the modalities detailed below -
- Online admission process should be done based on merit. Prespective students should not be called for counselling or verification of document during the process of admission. No physical presence will be required at the colleges / university (if any).
- Eligible application should be informed directly the college authorities through letter of e-mail or telecommunication.
- Payments of fees should be done only through e-payment or designated banks and not physically at the colleges.
- List of eligible application should be handed over to the designated bank branches for verification during payment through banks. Banks will receive admission fees on the basis of merit list.
- All testonomials are required to be uploaded online during application. verification of documents, if required, should be done only when the students report for the classes in due course. Admission will be cancelled if the document are found not in conformity with the declaration in the form submitted on-line.
- All stakeholders shall adhere to the COVID-19 norms / protocol, issued by the Goverment time to time.
Vice-Chancellors of all state-aided universities are requested to take necessary steps in the regard, including issuing suitable instruction to all the affiliated institutions.
This advisory does not apply to admission to PG level and teacher training courses such as B.Ed., B.P.Ed., M.Ed., or M.P.Ed. etc., for which separate Notification are being issued.