NIOS [National Institute of Open Schooling] Class 10th Exam Cancelled, Class 12th Postponed Due To Covid-19
The decision has been taken as a precautionary measure in view of the covid-19 pandemic and a notice regarding this has been shared on the official Twitter handle of NIOS.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) on Wednesday cancelled the NIOS class 10 board examination and postponed the class 12 exam. The decision has been taken as a precautionary measure in view of the covid-19 pandemic and a notice regarding this has been shared on the official Twitter handle of NIOS.
- NIOS on its official Twitter handle writes. "Dear Learners, The Public Exam in Theory & Practical of Secondary courses scheduled in June 2021 are hereby cancelled and the Public Exam in Theory & Practical of Senior Secondary & Vocational courses scheduled in June 2021 are hereby postponed till further order."
- "The NIOS is keeping a close watch on the situation and will be reviewed by June 20, 2021," reads the official notification.
- According to the notice, the fresh schedule for NIOS class 12 board examination will be notified 15 days prior to the commencement of the examination.
- Most of the state boards had already either postponed or cancelled their board exams in view of the rising number of coronavirus cases. Recently, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and Council for The Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) have also cancelled the class 10th board exams and had postponed the class 12th board exams in light of the pandemic.
- Note: Students are advised to keep visiting the official website of the NIOS regularly for the latest updates regarding the NIOS board examination.
Source : news.abplive.com/