Application Criteria for admission to B.A. / B.Sc. courses
A candidate taking up Honours Course in a subject must have obtained
- A minimum of 50% marks in the aggregate and 45% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination. OR
- 55% marks in the subject or related subject at the previous qualifying examination.OR
- 50% marks in the aggregate when the candidate has not studied the subject in his/her previous qualifying examination provided all other clauses are satisfied.
A candidate shall be allowed to take up the subject(s) under heading “A” if he/she had passed the subject (s) under heading “B” at the previous qualifying examination
||Physics and Mathematics
||Mathematics & any one of Physics/ Statistics/ Computer Science
||Electronics/ Physics and Mathematics
Special conditions for admission to the following Honours Courses
- Computer Science The combination of subjects for Computer Science Hons. Course shall be Mathematics as one of the General subjects and any one of the following subjects: either Physics or Statistics or Electronics.
- Education If the candidate has not studied Education as a subject in the previous qualifying examination then Psychology/ Philosophy/ Mathematics/ Sociology/ Economics/ Political Science / History/ Statistics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Biology are treated as related subjects whichever has the highest marks obtained.
- Philosophy If the candidate has not studied Philosophy as a subject in the previous qualifying examination then Psychology/ Math/ Education/ Sociology/ Political Science be treated as related subjects whichever has the highest marks obtained.
Previous 5-years 10+2 passed candidates are allowed to apply.
i.e. from 2021 upto 2017 HS passed candidates can apply for session 2021-2022.
NOTE :- All these circulars are excerpts of the CSR – 7.05.2018 notice published by Calcutta University on 07.05.2018. The same may change or remain unchanged as per this current years forthcoming CSR notice from University.