+ Ph.D. Entrance Test 2023-2024
||Date, time and venue of Entrance Examination
||1. Agricultural Chemicals;
2. Agricultural Economics;
3. Agricultural Extension Education;
4. Agricultural Meteorology;
5. Agricultural Statistics;
8. Genetics and Plant Breeding;
9. Molecular Biology and Biotechnology;
10. Plant Pathology;
11. Plant Physiology;
12. Seed Science and Technology;
13. Soil Science
|Date: 01-10-2023 Time: 11:30 am to 12:30 pm Venue: Faculty of Agriculture Building, Mohanpur, Nadia
||1. Vegetable Science;
2. Fruit Science;
3. Post Harvest Management;
4. Floriculture and Landscaping;
5. Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops
|Date: 01-10-2023 Time: 11:30 am to 12:30 pm Venue: Faculty of Horticulture Building, Mohanpur, Nadia
||1. Farm Machinery and Power Engineering;
2. Processing and Food Engineering;
3. Soil and Water Conservation Engineering
|Date: 01-10-2023 Time: 11:30 am to 12:30 pm Venue: Faculty of Agricultural Engineering Building, Mohanpur, Nadia
+ SEAT MATRIX [Doctoral Degree Programme]
+ Procedure of filling up of Ph.D. seats
Out of total seats (Discipline-wise):
All Ph.D. seats, excepting ICAR seats, will be filled up in the following manner:
- 70% seats will be reserved as University seats;
- 30% seats will be reserved as ICAR quota. ICAR’s nominees will be considered as per prevailing rules;
- In URS category, all seats will be filled by domicile candidates of West Bengal only, as per merit list;
- Non –URS (Self-finance) seats will be first filled by domicile candidates, as per merit list. If any unfilled seat remains, that will be filled by non-domicile candidates, as per merit list;
- SC/ST/OBC/PwD candidates, who are domicile of West Bengal, will get the benefit of reservation as per reservation policy of the Government of West Bengal on the basis of merit list.
- No benefit of reservation will be extended to the non-domicile candidates.
- Vacancies created under URS category at a later stage, will be filled-up by candidates already admitted under Non- URS (Project Fellow, UGC/CSIR Fellow and SelfFinance category), as per merit list;
- Project Research Fellows are to be filled by domicile and non-domicile candidates as per merit list and also as per teacher-student ratio following ICAR accreditation norms.
- Any candidate engaged in any Project may take admission in Doctoral Degree programmes, provided his/her name must appear in the Merit List. Moreover, the tenure of the project must be at least of two years. The cut-off date for considering such tenure of the project would be from the date of advertisement.
- The ICAR left over seats, if any, will be filled up by the students of BCKV only.
- Only one time up-gradation in respect of fellowship will be allowed as per merit list.
- If any vacant seat in In-Service category remains, that would be filled up from Non-URS category following the roster point, from BCKV student as per merit list.
- Admission test (to be conducted by BCKV) and also academic record will be considered for preparation of merit list.
+ Guidelines for Entrance Examination of Doctoral Degree Programme
Merit list will be prepared according to the following weightage:
Admission test will be conducted by BCKV discipline-wise (Annexure-III).;
- Admission test will be of 60 marks. The question paper will comprise of 60 MCQs of 1 marks each, and each with 4 unambiguous alternatives;
- The duration of the admission test will be 1 hour;
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer;
|A. Academic record
| (a) Bachelor Degree [B.Sc. (Ag.) / B.Sc. (Hort.) / B.Tech. (Ag.Engg.)]
| (b) Master Degree M.Sc. (Ag./Hort.) / M.Tech. (Ag.Engg.)
|B. Marks obtained in Admission Test
|Marks Index (A+B)
+ Departments / Subjects
Candidates can apply for admission to Doctoral Degree Programme in the Faculty of Agriculture, Faculty of Horticulture and Faculty of Agricultural Engineering for only one subject/discipline under the respective Faculty, as mentioned below.
Faculty of Agriculture:
(1) Agronomy, (2) Plant Pathology, (3) Entomology, (4) Agril. Economics, (5) Agril. Statistics, (6) Agril. Extension Education (7) Genetics and Plant Breeding, (8) Seed Science and Technology, (9) Plant Physiology, (10) Soil Science, (11) Agril. Chemicals, (12) Agril. Meteorology, (13) Molecular Biology and Biotechnology (14) Biochemistry
Faculty of Horticulture:
(1) Fruit Science, (2) Vegetable Science, (3) Floriculture and Landscaping, (4) Post Harvest Management, (5) Plantation, Spices, Medicinal and Aromatic Crops.
Faculty of Agricultural Engineering:
(1) Farm Machinery and Power Engineering, (2) Processing and Food Engineering, (3) Soil and Water Conservation Engineering.
+ Eligibility for Admission
- A student can opt for admission to doctoral degree programme in a discipline only in which he/she has obtained M.Sc./M.Tech. degree.
- Candidates must have passed 4-year Bachelor Degree programme followed by 2-year Master Degree programme in Agriculture / Horticulture /Agril. Engineering from duly recognized University. Students under General and OBC categories must secure Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA) of at least 6.50 in 10.00 scale and the students under SC/ST/PwD categories must secure OGPA of at least 5.50 in10.00 scale in both Bachelor and Master degree examination. In traditional system where grade points are not awarded, the General and OBC category candidates must have secured at least 60% marks whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories, the requirement is at least 50% marks.
- In the doctoral degree programme in Agriculture and Horticulture, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2) in general stream or vocational stream securing at least 50% marks in aggregate for General and OBC categories, whereas for SC/ST/PwD categories the said requirement is 40% marks.
- In the doctoral degree programme in Agricultural Engineering, candidates must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination (10+2) with subjects and minimum marks of 45% for general and OBC candidates and 40% for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Candidate who might have obtained his or her Master Degree from a University where the concerned Faculty/College/ Programme is not accredited by ICAR or is not aided by State/Central Government or is not AICTE approved, shall not be eligible for admission to doctoral degree programme.
- Applicants having Master degree from other University will have to produce a certificate from appropriate authority mentioning that the concerned Faculty /College/ Programme in the University is either ICAR-accredited or State Government aided or AICTE approved before taking admission / reporting, failing which the candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Student have passed M. Sc.(Ag.) in Soil & Water Conservation , they are allowed for application for admission in Ph.D. Programme in the Department of Agronomy/Soil Science.
- All the candidates are required to submit photocopy of all the transcripts at the time of counseling / reporting for admission.
+ In-Service Candidate
- In-Service seat matrix has been mentioned in Annexure-II.
- In-service candidates, serving in a Govt. Organization/Institute/University at least for three (3) years, are eligible for admission to Doctoral Degree programme. The candidates need to apply through online portal.
- In-Service candidates are required to send a printed copy of filled-in online application form, duly forwarded by his/her employer, to the Registrar, BCKV, so as to reach the university before commencement of counseling/admission.
- For in-service candidates, the entrance test is not required. However, the candidate has to appear for one on-line/off-line interview before the interview board.
- In-Service candidates must submit a “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” from his/ her present employer during counselling /at the time of reporting. After admission, the concerned students have to submit an approval letter of leave for a period of 3 (three) years, issued by his/her employer, within two (2) months from the date of admission /reporting, failing which his/her admission will be treated as cancelled without any further intimation.
+ Cancellation of Admission
If it is found at any stage that a candidate has obtained admission by misrepresentation and/or suppression of facts, his/her admission shall be liable to be cancelled, without assigning any reason.
+ MODE OF APPLICATION (ONLINE) AND PAYMENT OF FEES (ONLINE ONLY)
Candidates have to apply online through the Viswavidyalaya website (www.bckv.edu.in) and application fee is to be paid as per the following rates. Application fees once paid will not be refunded.
+ Important Dates related to Admission
||Date and time (Tentative)
|Opening date for submission of online application form
|Closing date for submission of online application form
|Closing date for correction/modification of application form
|Download admit card for Entrance Examination
||23/09/2023 on wards
|Date of Entrance Examination
|Date of publication of provisional merit list
||To be notified on the University Website (www.bckv.edu.in) later on
|Date of counselling, counselling procedure and date of reporting
|NB: If there is any change in the above mentioned dates due to unavoidable circumstances, revised dates will be notified on the University Website.
+ INFORMATION REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF FILLING UP OF ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Personal Information of the candidate: Candidate’s full name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Guardian’s Name, Relationship with guardian, Date of Birth, Sex (Male/Female/Others), Blood Group, Category (General/SC/ST/OBC-A/OBCB/PwD), In-Service (Yes/No), Religion, Nationality (Indian), Domicile (West Bengal/Other State), Candidate’s E-mail ID, Guardian’s E-Mail ID, Candidate’s Mobile Number, Guardian’s Mobile Number, Course (Agriculture/Horticulture/Agril. Engineering), Candidate’s AADHAAR Card Number.
Address: Permanent Address and address for Correspondence.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED TO BE UPLOADED AT THE TIME OF SUBMITTING ON-LINE APPLICATION:
Scanned copy of passport size colour photograph, Scanned signature, Age proof certificate (Birth Certificate/ Admit Card or Certificate of Secondary Examination), mark sheets of Bachelor Degree (4- Years Degree Course)], Master Degree (2-years’ Degree course) Certificate/Result, Cast certificate (if any), AADHAAR Card.
SUBMISSION OF FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS BY THE CANDIDATE AT THE TIME OF COUNSELLING/ADMISSION (AS UPLOADED AT THE TIME OF ONLINE APPLICATION):
Candidates are hereby directed to produce photocopy of the following documents (as uploaded) along with ORIGINALS for verification at the time of counselling/admission:
Mark-sheets/Grade Cards of Examination: Bachelor’s Degree (4-Years Degree Course) [Both Side], Master’s Degree (2 years) [Both side]
Age-proof certificate [Birth Certificate/Admit Card or Certificate of Secondary Examination (10th Standard)].
SC/ST/PWD/ OBC-A & OBC-B certificates from competent authority.
Domicile Certificate issued by competent authority (Chairman or Executive Officer of the Municipality/Commissioner or Administrator of Municipal Corporation/Pradhan, Gram Panchayat/B.D.O./S.D.O).
AADHAAR Card of the candidate.
2 (two) copies of recent colour passport size photographs.
Self-attested copy of valid medical certificate from appropriate authority (Sub-Divisional Medical Officer, Superintendent of State Hospital or above category) for persons with disability (PWD candidates).
BLOOD ELECTROPHORESIS (THALASSAEMIA) TEST REPORT:
Candidates who will be admitted after counseling are required to submit self-attested copy of Blood Electrophoresis (Thalassaemia) test report to the Medical Officer, BCKV at the time of reporting.
Candidates who will be admitted in this University are required to submit necessary Affidavit/Declaration/Undertaking to the office of the Dean, Students’ Welfare (DSW) on the date of reporting.
+ Admit Card for Entrance Examination
Candidates eligible to appear in the Entrance Examination of Doctoral Degree programme are required to bring the computer generated Admit Card along with two copies of duly self attested passport size photograph on the day of the entrance examination.
+ Schedule for Entrance Examination
Admission test will be held Discipline-wise;
Admission test for all the Disciplines will be held on the same day in one time slot;
+ Special Attention
Canvassing in any form will lead to disqualification of the application.
On the day of reporting, candidates who will be found eligible after verification of documents with the data provided in the application form, will only be allowed to take final admission.
Hostel accommodation will be provided subject to availability of vacancy.
The decision of the Admission Committee will be treated as final.
+ Admission Fees
||Admission Fees (including 1st Sem. Fees)
|Hostel Security Deposit for Hosteller
|Hosteller: 21,200/- + Tuition Fees + Seat Rent
(As applicable as per Column 'A', Sl. No. 2)
|Days-scholar: 19,800/- + Tuition Fees
(As applicable as per Column 'A', Sl. No. 2)
Tuition Fees per semester:
(a) Self finance/Non-NET/Research Fellow sponsored by the corporate companies = 6,000/-
(b) ICAR-SRF/URS/UGC-NET = 6,000/-
(c) Research Fellow/Associate/Others (Govt. Project) = 10,000/-
(d) In-service candidates = 15,000/-
(e) Foreign student = 20,000/-
Seat Rent for Hosteller (for all category of students):
2% (two percent) of the scholarship/fellowship but not less than Rs. 200/- (two hundred rupees) p.m.