The college was established in 1980 as a result of relentless endeavors and liberal financial contributions of some eminent citizens of Raniganj, dedicated to the cause of spreading education especially among women. At the time
of inception the college carried out its academic enterprise at the campus of Gandhi Memorial Girls’ High School and later moved for a short period to the premises of Jamunamoyee Girls’ High School. Finally it moved to its present campus at Searsole, Raniganj. Since then it has grown up into an educational institution of considerable repute with an enormous student enrolment to the tune of 1200 at the undergraduate level.