Selection Criteria for B.A. / B.Sc. Honours Admission 2013
Candidates will be selected strictly on the basis of merit list prepared from Merit Index Marks / Effective Total calculated using the following formulae.
|Honours Subjects||Stream||Merit Index Formula|
|Bengali||BA||Aggregate % +2 x Bengali|
|Education||BA||Aggregate % +2 x (Education / Psychology), whichever is higher|
|English||BA||Aggregate % + 2 x Admission Test Score|
|History||BA||Aggregate % + 2 x (English / Bengali), whichever is higher|
|Philosophy||BA||Aggregate % + 2 x Philosophy + Bengali|
|Political Science||BA||Aggregate % + 2 x Political Science + English (with Pol. Sc.)
Aggregate % + 3 x English (without Political Science)
|Anthropology||BSc||Aggregate % + 2 x Biology / Anthropology + English|
|Botany||BSc||Aggregate % + 2 x Biology + English|
|Chemistry||BSc||Aggregate % + 3 x Chemistry + Mathematics|
|Economics||BSC||Aggregate % + 2 x Mathematics + English|
|Geography||BSC||Aggregate % + 2 x Geography|
|Mathematics||BSC||Aggregate % + 3 x Mathematics|
|Microbiology||BSC||Aggregate % + 2 x (Chemistry + Biology)|
|Physics||BSC||Aggregate % + 2 x (Physics + Mathematics)|
|Statistics||BSC||Aggregate % + English + 2 x (Statistics / Mathematics), whichever is higher|
|Zoology||BSC||Aggregate % + 3 x Biology|
For SC OR ST Candidates :
For admission, a SC/ST candidate needs to secure at least 75% of the weighted marks of the last admitted candidate belonging to general category.
General Terms & Conditions
- Candidates who passed 10 + 2 examination in 2012 and 2013 only are allowed to apply for admission to B. A. / B. Sc. (Honours) in 2013- 2014 Session.
- All candidates must have passed in English of 100 marks at (10 + 2) level.
- Business Mathematics will not be considered in lieu of Mathematics at (10 + 2) level.
- Aggregate is total marks of BEST FOUR SUBJECTS excluding ENVS.
- Written admission test of 100 marks and 2 hour duration will be held for admission to English (Honours) based on syllabus of 10+2 Higher Secondary examination 2013. Date and other details of test will be notified later.
- One candidate may apply to a maximum of two subjects only.
- 22%, 6% and 3% of total seats are reserved for SC, ST and Physically Challenged candidates respectively in each subject. SC/ST candidates belonging to West Bengal only will be eligible for this benefit. Other SC/ST candidates will be treated at par with candidates belonging to General category.
|Convener, Admission Committee||Principal|