Raiganj B.Ed. College
Raiganj B.Ed. College
|Established||:||27th August, 1981|
|Type||:||Co-Educational (Govt. Aided)|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Mrityunjoy Ghosh|
|Former Name||:||Raiganj B.Ed. College|
|Location||:||Karnojhora, Uttar Dinajpur|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Gour Banga|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||National Council For Teacher Education (N.C.T.E.)|
|Department(s)||:||Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.)|
- Library cum Reading Room
- Multipurpose Hall / Class Room
- Teachersâ€™ Room
- Physics Laboratory
- Chemistry Laboratory
- Bio-Science laboratory
- Psychology Resource Centre
- Boys & Girlsâ€™ Common Room
- Science & Math. Resource Centre
- ICT Resource Centre
- Guest Room
- Store Room
- Guard Room
- Waiting Space
About CollegeRaiganj B.Ed. College, the premier Post Graduate Teacher's Training College, established in 1981 affiliated to the University of North Bengal (now under University of Gour Banga) is the only Government Sponsored B.Ed. College in the district of Uttar Dinajpur.
This College offers Training Course leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Education.
There are provisions of both pre-service and in-service training in the college.
The College is a co-educational and non-residential institution. Situated in calm, quiet and serene atmosphere, the college enjoys the unique advantage of a peaceful academic environment.
It provides ample scope for enriching the social systems with diversified cultural heritage of North Bengal and specially of Uttar Dinajpur through proper education and training.
ObjectiveThe College provides a course of training for secondary school teachers and fresher candidates who desire to equip themselves with professional efficiency.
- It enables the prospective teachers to understand the nature, purpose and spirit of secondary education.
- It develops amoungst teachers an understanding of the psychology of the students.
- The training equips the prospective teachers to acquire competencies relevant to transaction of curriculum and evaluation. It enables the teachers to make pedagogical analysis of the subjects at the secondary stage.
- It also enables the teachers to foster creative thinking amoung students and develop communication skill and use of modern information technology at the secondary stage.
- The college provides impetus for development of teaching and learning situations in the classroom amoung the trainees through simulated teaching.
- The college creates an atmosphere to build self-motivation, well integrated character of the trainee so that they may take leadership in all school activities and in community.
- Above all, the college provides facilities to developing professional potentialities of the trainees.
College AdministrationThe Overall administration of the college is looked after by the University of Gour Banga, through the Teacher-in-Charge of the College. Academic activities including sessional / co-curricular activities are monitored by the teacher's council. However for the interest of the training in democratic living, a major portion of the responsibilities of the administration is transferred to the Student's Union (Chhatra Samsad) in the beginning of the session.
|Address||:||P.O.: Karnajora, Block - Raiganj, Tehsil / Taluka - Kamalabari, Town / City -Raiganj, Uttar Dinajpur, West Bengal, Pin.: 733 130.|
»View Larger Map