|President||:||Mr. Ujjal Biswas|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Manabi Bandopadhyay|
|Former Name||:||Krishnagar Womens College|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Kalyani|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||University Grants Commission (UGC)|
|Department(s)||:||Arts & Science|
- Sports Facilities:
- The college has its own play ground, named Principal Dipti Bose Krirangan, within the campus. There are arrangements for indoor games as well as outdoor games. The college is also equipped with sport equipment specially suitable for women. The Annual Sports of the college is generally held in the month of December and Participation is encouraged to develop Sportsman Spirit and camaraderie among students. Students also participate in the Nadia district Non-Government Inter College Athletic Championship, State level Inter Non Govt. College Meet and The Kalyani University Annual Athletics Meet that are held every year.
- College Gymnasium:
- A Gymnasium for students with modern equipments (cycling, riding, twister etc.) has been set up in 2004 within the college campus. Students are encouraged to join the Gymnasium for physical wellbeing and mental alertness.
- Health Checkup:
- The College provides the service of regular health check ups for the students by specialist doctors. If necessary, students are advised for further treatment and medical tests are done as required.
- Visiting Lecture:
- The Honours Departments of the college arranges visiting lectures by eminent faculty members of university and other colleges on subjects of contemporary relevance at regular interval. This benefits the academic community to engage and debate with varied perspectives on several issues.
- General Awareness Seminar:
- The college has provision for regular seminars and interactive sessions on topics of General Awareness to enhance the knowledge of students and make them participate actively in issue that concern them both directly and indirectly.
- Students' Seminar:
- The Honours Departments organize seminars by students on topics from their syllabus. Students are encouraged to select topics and present them before their batch-mates. This increases their self confidence and help in aiding all-round development.
- Library Facilities:
- The college has well equipped library facilities for the students containing around 26000+ books, magazines and journals in the central library. The different teaching departments have their departmental libraries as well for reading and researching on a matter that interest them. The Central Library has a spacious reading area encouraged to inculcate a habit of reading and preparing for both student and members of the staff.
- Internet Facilities:
- The college has a UGC Network Resource Centre where students can avail internet facility for academic purpose under the guidance of teachers. This helps students to remain updated about latest developments, avail online awareness of students to make them at par with Students from Urban area.
Krishnagar Womens College was established in the year 1958 with a view to impart education to the women replicated from erstwhile East Pakistan. Since then much water has flown through the rivers but still now the college follows the motto of empowerment of women by catering to the needs of women of neighboring areas. Situated in a lush green surrounding the college has an excellently rich library, developed laboratories, studentsâ€™ common room with purified water facility, large play field, equipped gymnasium, UGC Sponsored Network Resource Centre, career counseling cell, soundless generator, indoor game facilities and many others. Apart from the College Foundation Day on 7th August the college celebrates important functions on teachersâ€™ day Vasontotsav, Annual Sports, Saraswati Puja, verious awareness programme, womensâ€™s day, health checkup, guardiansâ€™ meet are a few of the many programme held throughout the year. A unit of NSS, Studentsâ€™ Health Home and women study cell also operates and helps our students for this all sound development.
|Address||:||Aurobindo Sarani, Krishnagar, Nadia, West Bengal, Pin - 741 101.|
firstname.lastname@example.org (Anti-Ragging Committee)
email@example.com (Sexual Harassment Cell)
»View Larger Map