|President||:||Md Amin Ansari|
|Principal / Teacher-in-Charge||:||Dr. Krishnakali Basu Niyogi|
|Affiliation(s)||:||University of Calcutta|
|Accreditation / Recognition||:||--|
|Department(s)||:||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)|
- Political Science (PLSA)
- Urdu (URDA)
- English (ENGA)
- History (HISA)
- Education (EDCA)
- Bengali (BNGG)
- Education (EDCG)
- English (ENGG)
- Hindi (HING)
- History (HISA)
- Political Science (PLSG)
- Urdu (URDG)
A candidate who has passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) or its equivalent Examination is eligible to seek admission to the 1" year of the 3-year B.A.!B.Sc/ B.Com. (Hons./General/ Major) or B.Mus.(Hons./ General) Course of Studies provided he/she has also passed in English having full marks not beings less than 100. Candidates who have passed the Higher Secondary (10+2) Vocational examination conducted by the West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training shall be eligible to seek admission to the B.A (General/Major) l" year Course of Studies taking the subjects under Humanities Division only. However, candidates who have passed the aforesaid H.S. Examination in Business & Commerce shall also be eligible for admission to the B. Com. (General/Major) I" year Course of Studies under this University. However, no candidate shall be allowed for admission after a lapse of more than 5 years from the year of passing the previous qualifying examination or discontinuation of recognized regular Course of Studies after passing the previous qualifying examination.
(Explanation: The year of admission shall not be taken into account while calculating five years from the year of passing the previous qualifying Examination).
For the purpose of determining eligibility for admission to the Honours Course, aggregate marks shall be calculated by adding the marks in top-four subjects in order of marks secured by a candidate. However, marks in compulsory Environmental Education Studies shall not be taken into account for calculation of aggregate marks. If the subject" Environmental Science" is studied as an elective subject of 100 marks. it may be taken into account for the purpose of determining the aggregate marks.
- The College campus is under CCTV surveillance which ensures the issue of safety and security to a large extent.
- Access to safe drinking water is a matter of concern for all. The College authorities have kept a conscious watch over this matter and thus with the collaboration of Garden Reach Ship Builders And Engineers Limited Cooler cum purifier water filter machines have been installed in the college premise.
- In order to avoid any kind of interruption in academic and administrative works college authorities along with the cooperation of Garden Reach Ship Builders And Engineers Limited have installed 24 hour power back up (inverter) system in the college premise.
- College library is well equipped. Necessary text and reference books are available in all subjects.
- All kinds of cheques and scholarships ranging from Post Matric Scholarship, Minority Scholarship to Kanyashree Scholarships are distributed from college office in due course of time as per the instruction of the concerned offices of Govt. of West Bengal.
- There are separate common rooms for Boys and Girls. Girls’ common room does have the facility of attached toilets also.
- Indoor game facilities (Carrom, Table Tennis) have been provided for the recreational activities of the students.
- College is equipped with internet facility.
- Besides regular routine classes, teachers often take need based classes.
- College authorities do organize different kinds of seminars and workshops in collaboration with several NGOs and Institutions to make the students aware of contemporary social issues, health factors and so on.
Information not found.