Click here to view Admission Notices of session :
Post Graduate Admission Information Sheet 2023 - Loreto College
Loreto College, Kolkata
Post Graduate Admission Information Sheet 2023
- Online submission of applications for admission will be accepted from September 1 to September 15, 2023
- Total no. of seats is 25
- a) 60% i.e. 15 of the total number of seats is exclusively for current year students of C.U and C.U-affiliated autonomous colleges.
b) 40% i.e. 10 of the total number of seats is for the following:
(i) Non-C.U. candidates of current year (2023) and preceding year (2022).
(ii) C.U candidates of preceding year (2022).
- Reservation for Christian students and SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates is applicable on both (3a) and (3b)
- Lists of candidates eligible for the Admission Test will be published as per schedule – Important Dates for Admission to the M.A. Class.
- All candidates on the lists will need to appear for an Admission Test
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the marks they obtained in the B.A. Hons. Examination and marks obtained in the Admission Test
- Equal weightage will be given to the University exam result and Admission test marks
- Details regarding time and mode of the Admission Test will be displayed on the College website
- If the sanctioned number of suitable Christian, SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates are not available in the 60% reserved category (3a) the same may be filled by Christian, SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates in the 40% reserved category (3b) merit list and vice versa
- Any error or ambiguity in filled up forms can be corrected or resolved with the approval of the appropriate authority (Please write, if required, with M.A. in the subject row to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If any candidate cancels her admission within a month from the date of admission, a refund of tuition fees may be allowed, but the entire process will be at the discretion of the college authorities.
- All rules are subject to change by order of the appropriate authority.
- A clear scan of the MIGRATION CERTIFICATE (for students who are not from Calcutta University), must be submitted online along with the Application Form for admission
- Application forms should be submitted ONLY ONLINE
- Incomplete forms and Application forms without relevant documents will be rejected
- Scanned marksheets and documents that are illegible or of poor-quality will be rejected
- Loreto College will not be held responsible for any error made by the candidate while filling up the form
- If a form number is not generated it is an indication that something went wrong in the procedure by which the form was filled/submitted. Please resubmit.
- Candidates who are eligible to apply for M.A in English must have an Honours degree /have studied papers equivalent to 800 marks in English (3 Year regular degree course) from any UGC-recognised University.
- Candidates who have passed their B.A Part III Hons. Exam in the preceding year (2022), may also apply
- Names of all selected candidates will appear in 2 merit lists (to be published by the College) on the basis of marks obtained in the Calcutta University B.A. Honours Examination 2023 and Admission Test.
- Admission will be strictly according to the merit list.
- A second Merit List for the candidates will be published if there are vacancies.
- APPLICATION FORMS WITHOUT RELEVANT DOCUMENTS WILL BE REJECTED.
PLEASE NOTE, SELECTION WILL BE MADE ON THE BASIS OF MERIT
- All information regarding admission (including dates of the various stages of admission) will be available on the Website (www.loretocollege.in). No information will be provided over the phone or at the office. Queries could be sent to: email@example.com
- Incomplete forms will not be considered
- Loreto College will not be held responsible for any error made by the candidate at the time of filling up the form
- Seats in Elective subjects are limited. Candidates will be accommodated in the subject if seats are available. In case of unavailability they would have to opt for another elective subject. Only students who had Psychology at the Plus 2 level (Class XII) should opt for Psychology as an Elective subject.
- If a form no. has not been generated it means something went wrong. Please resubmit
- If admission has already been taken at another college, kindly have that admission cancelled to enable completion of admission formalities at our end.
- After admission, if for some reason you do not intend to join Loreto College , kindly inform firstname.lastname@example.org at the earliest so that other students who are on the Waiting List may be given an opportunity for admission.
- There are a few seats available in the College Hostel for Catholic students only.
- Hostel facilities are also available within a 2 km radius of the college.
APPLICATION FORMS WITHOUT RELEVANT DOCUMENTS AND ONLINE BANK PAYMENT RECEIPT WILL BE REJECTED.
APPLICATION FORMS SUBMITTED WITHOUT PAYMENT OF RS 300/- WILL BE REJECTED.
Click here to view Admission Notices of session :