The dream of the litigated of this neglected area was at least brought to fruition after 4 decades. It was made possible due to untiring efforts of sue.
The district of Malda is southernmost of North Bengal District. It is bouded on the South – West by the river Ganga, on the north Uttar and Dakshin Dinajpur, on the other side of the river Ganga are situated the district of Shaotal Pargana (now Jharkhand) and the district of Murshidabad in West Bengal. On the east it is partly bounded by the district of West Dinajpur and the District of Rajsahi in Bangladesh. The district is situated between the latitudes 250 32’ 08’’ in the northern hemisphere. The area of the district according to Surveyor General of India is 1436 sq meter.
Before partition of Bengal in 1947, there ware 15 police stations in Malda. But after partition the former district of Malda was deprived. At present the district has two sub-divisions, one at English Bazar (called Sadar) and the other at Chanchal. It has 15 blocks and 147 Gram Panchayets. Still now the district have two municipalities