EOI [Expression of Interest] - Khelo India Internship Program | College Admission
[Published on: 28.05.2022]
INTRODUCTION AND BACKGROUND
- Sports Authority of India (SAI) is an autonomous organization under the administrative control of the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India with its Head office at Jawaharlal Nehru Sports Complex, Lodhi Road, New Delhi-110003.
- Khelo India is a basic platform to showcase sporting skills and accordingly become a platform for talent spotting and providing development pathways for gifted and talented children to achieve excellence.
- As one of the ventures, towards growth and strengthening of the program, KHELO INDIA hereby invites applications from the students from any discipline ("INTERNS") from leading universities, colleges and academic institutions.
Details of the program
- Duration: The program is a maximum for 03 [three] months.
- Nature of Program - The Intern may enroll anywhere in India.
- Working Hours - Typical working schedule with 10-12 hours a week that suits both, the INTERN(S) & the Coordinator at Khelo India. Their schedule will need to accommodate online meetings, so there will be times where INTERN(S) will need to be accessible during available time.
- Fee- It's a non-paid program.
- Stipend - No stipend or any monetary benefits involved.
- Certificate - Depending on the performance, attendance and completion of the programme by the Intern, a Certificate will be given to the INTERN which will value add to the resume of the Intern. Issuance of Certificate is subject to the Intern fulfilling its role, responsibilities and obligations as provided.
- Head of Institution/Principal/Dean may recommend the students from their institutions to enroll in this program.
- The internship will be open to Graduate/undergraduate students from any Government & recognized Institutions and Universities within India from any discipline.
- Universities/Colleges/Institutions may recommend their students.
- Age Limit- Not above 25 years as on date of publishing of this EOI
- A recommendation from current/last studied institution is mandatory.
The candidate is required to provide their simple resume defining their name, age, current activities (if any), hobbies & interests along with the following:
- Marksheet of matriculation (10th) & Sr. Secondary (12th) (For Graduate)
- Marksheet of all three years of Graduation and final aggregate percentage/GPA ( In case of GPA, the conversion scale to be provided) (For Post Graduate)
- Along with the simple resume candidates are also required to provide an essay/write up/Statement of purpose (SOP) of 200-300 words on understanding of Khelo India Scheme.
- No TA/DA shall be provided by SAI.
The roles, responsibilities and services of an INTERN shall be as under :
- The intern shall be given a choice to work under any vertical of Khelo India Scheme. However, Khelo India reserves a right to assign any vertical of Khelo India Scheme without assigning any reasons.
- Any other activity discussed with the Intern.
- The interns shall not share and discuss about any information (s) related to SAI & Khelo India which deemed to be confidential and proprietary in nature to anyone without taking permission of the Coordinator / the Officer of Khelo India. An undertaking has to be submitted by the selected candidate at the time of joining in Khelo India programme.as an Intern to this effect.
Salient Features of INTERNSHIP :
- Keeping in view the study curriculum calendar, a flexible work schedule comprising 10-12 hours a week is decided so that students may contribute their time without any added burden on them.
- A formal Internship plan will be further enumerated. All applicants are requested to submit their Expression of Interest by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Application shall carry the subject line as “Application for Khelo India Internship Program” The last date to submit the application is 30.06.2022.
- Khelo India reserves its right to enroll the Intern. The enrolment may be denied by Khelo India for reasons as may be deemed fit by Khelo India.
- Note: SAI/Khelo India or any of their designates reserves the right to cancel this request for EOl and/or invite afresh with or without amendments, without liability or any obligation for such request for EOl and without assigning any reason. Information provided at this stage is indicative and SAl reserves the right to amend/add further details in the EOI.